5.7l vortec oil cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you try googling a stat-o-seal washer for a 5/16 bolt? Endless supply of them.

You must be registered for see images attach

And then…

Last edited:

burbanswervin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small blocks original OE filter setup was a can with a large bolt through the center holding it in place. When the spin on filters started being manufactured and engines were equipped that way.
The " melling " filter adapter shown is what the factory equipment new eng with. For older cannisters filters you went the parts counter and purchased this new spin on filter adapter in a blue and white " AC Filter " box with spin adapter, gasket seal, hardware. I converted a few.
" Transdapt " used to be a big company with a huge selection of adapters for external coolers, remote filters, dual remote filters, and so on.
Your using -6 line ? The oil cooler uses -8 , the oil cooler wants to move volume not pressure, that's why it's 1/2 line.
The context, or the idea, of your question makes all the difference. " I maintain a fleet of K2500 for construction" versus " I'm building an over the top show truck with AN hose and such".
It can make for a response that better fits your conditions.

Good luck!
Would -10 an work aswell? Im trying to find an m20 1.5 8an but i can only find it in -10

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
-6 is not an issue as the cooler has a built in bypass that opens at a fairly low pressure anyway. Even in the stock application ~50% of the oil and sometimes nearly all the oil is being bypass around the cooler anyway. -6 flows more than enough when the oil is hot to provide ample oil cooling.

The problem is the aftermarket does not sell the correct fitting to adapt an AN line to the radiator period.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-6 is not an issue as the cooler has a built in bypass that opens at a fairly low pressure anyway. Even in the stock application ~50% of the oil and sometimes nearly all the oil is being bypass around the cooler anyway. -6 flows more than enough when the oil is hot to provide ample oil cooling.

The problem is the aftermarket does not sell the correct fitting to adapt an AN line to the radiator period.
did you see my final solution to this, I had engineered cooling products weld a NPT bung onto the new radiator i bought from them before they shipped it. not really a fix to the problem though

burbanswervin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats the issue im having finding this fitting. They do have it in +10 an on summit

burbanswervin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
But it seals in the wrong place thus does not seal.
i know. i found these m20 1.5 with o-ring fitting adapters, fits rad perfectly problem is i cant find the AN fitting to fit into this fitting. The female threads are 3/4"-18 UNS o-ring. I tried an -08 orb and it starts to thread in fine but then gets tight.

Now i found these Mishimoto m20 1.5 x -10 an (black), i know the seal is on the wrong spot but the mishimoto ones seem to come with those stat-o-seal type washers and by looking at my rad which is aluminum i think they might work

Attachments

• rw8044lg.jpg
    rw8044lg.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 6
  • mio-mmspf-10anbk_xl.jpg
    mio-mmspf-10anbk_xl.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 6