5.7l vortec oil cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 1999 K1500 suburban my brother and I parted out had them. I actually still have them at the shop. Found them recently. If I had known they were still around, would have put them on the 4L80E in the van when I put the 383 in. Since their brackets bolt under the motor mounts, would be a nightmare to add now. I have a matching 4L80E aluminum converter cover that bolts to those rods to strengthen everything. The 4L80E applications even had them in 2wd on some things.
It looks like they mount on the underside of the bellhouse, but the completely enclosed bell houses dont have provisions for mounting underneath

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like they mount on the underside of the bellhouse, but the completely enclosed bell houses dont have provisions for mounting underneath
Bolted to the lower inspection cover bolts using that would normally bolt to a LS oil pan using L shaped brackets. I am planning on doing the same thing with the 6L90E when I swap to it in the future.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Upper adapter port for the top oil cooler, etc. as shown in post number 35. Top + top. Bottom and bottom. The information is there.

Oakr11

Reaction score
Hi, trying to remove stock oil cooler housing on 96 suburban 5.7 to upgrade to external cooler. Got a hayden kit that said it fits but the hosuing adapter does not. Anyone know if there are any adapters that fit for having the external cooler? All i see for sale is bypass apapters to delete the cooler entirley and relocation kits, thanks
You must be registered for see images attach
Go to the junkyard and get an OEM one off of a truck. I believe the big block ones will work on a sbc too!