5.7l vortec oil cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How is it a problem? It doesn't interfere with the metal cooler lines. If your using hose they shouldn't be problem . Just add three Adel clamps to prevent any chaffing your good.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your free to do whatever you want to your truck. You assume you know better than GM engine engineers. But your whining about parts is a given reality for solid reasons. GM sells cars, parts are a sideline. The law requires they support a given model for seven that's 7 years , not twenty plus as in our 400 truck platform.
The sealing washers , poor man's version of a machined O ring seal. Is commonly known as a " Stat-O-seal ". Used in Aviation forever. Parker Hannifin biggest producer. Is used in many other products. There's two on your AC compressor. If you can't find them you haven't looked very hard.
You want an improvement idea? Ditch the QD's on the filter adapter. Install 1/4 pipe male to -8 37°male. Cut off the the two bump tube ends. Install -8 sleeves and B nuts , flare the two ends for 37°. Make sure the forward clamp holds the lines secure. End of adapter leaks. Use the correct size O ring on the radiator side, don't make it gorilla tight. If you loosen it all , install new O ring , prevents leaks.
Try avoid making blanket statements.
You don't like the oil design, no problem . I made a huge improvement for 15$ in hardware and 30 minutes of time.
On going preventative maintenance is part of keeping vehicles well beyond their intended service life.
This search for the washers the time it took to press enter.
You must be registered for see images attach
Common on motorcycle brake systems. They'll withstand some decent pressure.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A hydraulic shop, even the Napa by me, can replace and recrimp new goodyear hoses on the original ends, get you the clips/o-rings needed, and this would already be done without trying to reinvent the wheel , adapters, and all this bs. Dorman/import craptastic hoses are the one that fail quickly. Usually at the crimped on ferrule.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did the later design transmissions with the removable bellhouse not use this bracket
The 1999 K1500 suburban my brother and I parted out had them. I actually still have them at the shop. Found them recently. If I had known they were still around, would have put them on the 4L80E in the van when I put the 383 in. Since their brackets bolt under the motor mounts, would be a nightmare to add now. I have a matching 4L80E aluminum converter cover that bolts to those rods to strengthen everything. The 4L80E applications even had them in 2wd on some things.