1993 2WD Oil Cooler Lines - Hardware Specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Considered that on my Express van, but still leaves me with the stupid Jiff Tite quick connectors that are anything but tight sealing. In all the years the oil cooler has been on the van it still has the same lines, but it is on about its 5th set of quick connects. When they leaked again, 2 years after the 383 install using AC Delco fittings, I found some red silicone high temperature o'rings on Amazon the correct dimensions and replaced the internal o'rings in them. I did all the engine and transmission connections. So far leak free. I have hope though because anything silicone has to be 1000x better than the rubber material GM and Dorman used that does not even last 2-3 years. Even if they do not last any longer, I have 2 bags of like 100 o'rings that cost $7 a bag. Far cheaper than $8-10 a fitting. Transmission cooler setup has 6 fittings and the oil cooler has 4. $80-100 in fitting replacements every 2-3 years is a freaking bad joke. Shame on GM for building that garbage.

When I pulled the 2nd 350, the radiator support literally had 1/4" of slurry that consisted of oil/transmission fluid and dirt/dust from the leaks over the past decade since the prior engine install.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll dig into my older Amazon cart for the oil cooler o'rings but these are the o'rings that fit the 3/8" quick connect transmission cooler fittings perfectly and are sealing great so far.

The Vortec trucks atleast have 2 of the same crappy Jiff "TITE" fittings at the oil cooler adapter that my Express van has 4 of. The van has 2 more at the radiator where the trucks used threaded fittings on the hoses themself. The 87 G20s L31 has oil cooler lines for a Vortec GMT400 on it. I used new fitting because I used a new Hayden oil cooler adapter on it but I put silicone o'rings in those fittings before I ever installed them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I'm gonna dig out my Parker O ring handbook like into what's available for Engine oil, in a higher or maybe what's available in higher Durometer O ring. Would a slightly harder O ring be less prone to leaks at the radiator side? Hmm.