Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that supposed to be an F body oil pan? Or it's equivalent?
I don't believe so, more along the Hummer H3 one. They have a different part number for the f-bodies. It's definitely about 3-4 inches shallower though compared to the factory one. I'll hopefully get home this weekend to compare. But there were a few lowered OBS reviews that said this was the one to get.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Odd thing happened today.
Last night I looked at delivery date for my oil pump, still Aug 28th. Look again at 1:11 this afternoon, and it was delivered at 1:19!!! Lol
Literally had a coworker look to see if what I was seeing made sense. He said "well I guess Bezos is testing time travel now".

Of course no picture, Mom and my brat are out shopping. Get here at 4:45 and it's sitting on the front step, even though I explicitly ALWAYS say back door, and add it in to the extra instructions.

Whatever......it's here. I work tomorrow, so maybe I'll get a chance to do something Sunday and the engine. Even if it's just pressure washing it....good reminder to myself, as soon as I hit send, go load up Dad's pressure washer!!!

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
You've even caught the elusive pressure washer tips. Need more fingers amd toes to count the number that I've seen missing from pressure washers. Good luck getting some wrench time Sunday.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You've even caught the elusive pressure washer tips. Need more fingers amd toes to count the number that I've seen missing from pressure washers. Good luck getting some wrench time Sunday.
Lol....ya, I'm sure it's probably the second or third time he has bought a pack of them!!! Lol
Almost as bad as the curse of the 10mm!!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well....got it washed as best as I could. Two cans of degreaser later, and a flood in my garage!!! Friggin floor drain, concrete and the pipe were higher. So quirky had to grab a hammer and what could be used as a chisel and "modify" the drain.
Now there is about 10lbs of floor dry doing its thing, floor is slippery as hell now! Especially wet. Woman not impressed!!! Lol

Probably all I'll do today, got a few other things to do, like oil change in my daily, and cut the grass. Asked the boy who's only good for two things to cut it the other day, and he didn't. Shocked I'm not.

But it's MUCH more cleaner than when I started, should be good to work on without getting too dirty. Labeled as many connections as I could find. That will be the start of the process, ripping the harness out, then the bolt turning begins.
You must be registered for see images attach

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! (except for the garage floor thing :oops:)

No matter how much I clean things like this up ahead of time, I will find a greasy mess explosion right before I have to touch something else that's super clean... like the interior or a new shiny part.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reminded me of when I used to work for my grandparents at their farm dealership. One of my things was to wash the equipment when it came in. You think you got it all clean, then the water gets in another nook or cranny, and bam....start all over again! Lol
Only have like a half dozen full sets of rain gear as well. Think I would have been smart enough to grab a set? Lol
Nope. Idiot.