Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Over time I have welded a fair bit of mild with argon, lol. Forgetting to switch my bottle over.

You can also load up a spool of stainless in a mig, and weld with argon also. I got tired of trying to hold exhaust pipes together, while laying under a truck, using the side of my leg to operate the tig pedal.
That's funny!!! One day I'll get a TIG.
Good tip about the stainless and argon. Buddy has pretty much told me because he has a bunch of 2.5" pipe and bends taking up space in his garage, that's what we are using on mine. Not gonna turn that offer down!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the motor and trans separated, and engine up on the stand. Was a lot more drama than I wanted!! Lol
Almost tipped the hoist over trying to shuffle it out, woman wasn't strong enough to hold the bolt while I took the torque converter bolts out. So she had to go wake the boy up who was still sleeping....at 1:30pm!!! He wasn't happy, sure he was hungover! Lol
But he helped me finish everything finished, so I'm happy for the help.
The stand is a "Power Fist" from Princess Auto up here, our equivalent to Harbor Freight. Had I noticed that when I picked it up, probably would have just bought one myself....trust level isn't the highest, but it's rated for 1000lbs. Hopefully it doesn't fall and block woman's beer fridge!!!
Then I'd really be in trouble!! Lol
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ended up pulling the pin and ordering this fella. Should be here tomorrow.
Seems to be a "go to" pan for these trucks when swapping. Reviews are hit and miss, as usual. Apparently some people have some QC issues with some pinholes in the welds.
May get to try my new spoon gun sooner rather than later!!! Lol
Probably working next weekend, like both days, so I won't get a chance to do anything for a few weeks. And that's ok. Piece by piece, trending in the right direction.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spoon gun? Hmm,I've not thought of building one of those. I wonder how well spoons fly at 2800fps.
Dang it!!!!
SPOOL gun....lol
Good catch.

And on a gun note. Went shooting this weekend. Ya, shoulder wasn't digging the 12g pump, even with handicap and target loads. Was alright with a Benelli M4 semi-auto thought. Been almost 8 months since I got messed up, and I'm still not 100%.

TonyM

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll have to get a pic, but are you sure you "need" that oil pan? I kept the stock pan on mine and it sits about 1/2" higher than the crossmember.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll have to get a pic, but are you sure you "need" that oil pan? I kept the stock pan on mine and it sits about 1/2" higher than the crossmember.
I am lowered 4/6. I was going to get some measurements this weekend but ran out of time and ambition, lol.
If you have pics that would be great.
If I don't need it, then I'll return it.

TonyM

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah a 1500 with a 4/6 does sit a bit lower than my 3500 with a 5/7, but for me, my y pipe is the lowest hanging appendage down there. Here’s a quick pic I just grabbed. You can see the oil drain is higher than the crossmember.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah a 1500 with a 4/6 does sit a bit lower than my 3500 with a 5/7, but for me, my y pipe is the lowest hanging appendage down there. Here’s a quick pic I just grabbed. You can see the oil drain is higher than the crossmember.
Thanks for the pic. Ya, definitely a bit of a different beast 1500 vs 3500. And you know these roads in our province aren't getting any better!!! Lol
I'll probably install the pan, better safe than leaving a few hundred feet of oil slick.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New pan delivered less than 24hrs after ordering, that's cool..seems well built, comes with bolts, pickup and stuff.
Now if the damn oil pump would get here before the 28th that would be nice. I think they must be building it from scratch, cuz it shouldn't take 3 weeks from New Jersey to get here, could probably walk it faster!! Lol