Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Huge win brother!
Absolutely!!! Got a couple cool plans in my fat head swirling around. And now I'm going to have more!! Lol
Only $$$$ time and skills holding me back!! Lol
Maybe I'll practice welding up the cambers on the 317 heads on the LQ4!!! Lol. Just kidding....I think!!
But it's better to have it than not. Tool me almost 3 years to get my machine running after I bought it.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The yards in Houston have a lot of NBS (99-06) trucks....bastids don't open till 9am though and it's already too hot to walk around....
Only been to the yard Sean and I have been too a few times. I was hyper focused on certain trucks, didn't look around enough to notice what else they had. This week would have been great weather wise, it starts climbing again though. But nothing like it was a few weeks ago.
But I'll be hopefully going back soon to scope out for a few things.
Including Sean's damn hood bolt!!! Lol
(He knows...lol)

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
The yards in Houston have a lot of NBS (99-06) trucks....bastids don't open till 9am though and it's already too hot to walk around....
that sucks yards around here open at 8 or 8:30 and close at 5 on saterday and sunday they close a little early I think they also have summer and winter hours but I do not know how much they change

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Saw this at woman's work a few weeks ago, and she was there. I took her down the isle and showed it to her. Said l would like one for a Xmas/birthday present.
She said "like f**k I'm getting you that for Christmas!". Ok dear.
Come home today, saw the kittens (cross thread points for me!) and then when we went to the garage I see this by the tire of my GM.
What the hell???

So I ask her what is that doing here.

I thought you said I wasn't getting it.

She said no, I said you weren't getting it for Christmas, it's not Christmas. I didn't say you weren't getting it, just cuz your a pouty b***h about it not being a Xmas present.

So ya....I got me a aluminum welding thingy now!!! Yay!!!
Just gotta get a bottle of argon, and probably way more than I wanna spend in material!!!
Have a really cool idea for the truck. Just gonna take a bit, probably next year sometime.... hopefully.
Ps....woman is awesome sometimes!!! Was completely shocked.
Oh you lucky dog! I'd love to have a spool gun. That will run steel wire too.

You know she just set you up for her Christmas present right?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had my Miller 211 for eleven years and I've barely used the spool gun, but when you do use it, it's fantastic. My welding looks like monkeybutt, but welding aluminum with a spool gun makes me look like a pro.

Note that if you're like me you can probably go with a smaller argon bottle. When I weld steel, I usually have a lot to weld. When I have aluminum that needs welding, it's usually far less. Typically just a part that needs repairing.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh you lucky dog! I'd love to have a spool gun. That will run steel wire too.

You know she just set you up for her Christmas present right?
Kinda....more likely she was making up for the really expensive Milwaukee heated jacket and extra batteries I got her last year!!! Lol

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had my Miller 211 for eleven years and I've barely used the spool gun, but when you do use it, it's fantastic. My welding looks like monkeybutt, but welding aluminum with a spool gun makes me look like a pro.

Note that if you're like me you can probably go with a smaller argon bottle. When I weld steel, I usually have a lot to weld. When I have aluminum that needs welding, it's usually far less. Typically just a part that needs repairing.
Ya, ill probably get a medium sized one, in the 60 cube range, to match my other bottle. But ya, I don't envision welding more aluminum than steel. But It's nice to know if I want to, I can.

KansasOBS

Not Awesome
Reaction score
Over time I have welded a fair bit of mild with argon, lol. Forgetting to switch my bottle over.

You can also load up a spool of stainless in a mig, and weld with argon also. I got tired of trying to hold exhaust pipes together, while laying under a truck, using the side of my leg to operate the tig pedal.