1992 Blazer weekend restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Well I finally had the opportunity to test out the AC and see if its good. I threw all the old dash parts back on, even though they'll be replaced soon, just so I can drive it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Went ahead and vacuum tested the system for an hour then leak tested it right after. Everything passed so went ahead and filled it. Ran like a dream. Performance tested it and ended up at 39 degrees while the shop was at 85. Couldnt be happier.

Reaction score
That's one nice truck you have. Can't wait to see what happens. Any "big" plans. Or just get it running good and drive the wheels off.

Thank you! Nothing crazy at this time, just trying to get it running good enough to be daily driven even though it wont be. Bringing her back to her former glory while adding my own personalization to it is the goal.

Reaction score
Cant believe its been a year since I have posted. Life's been a real *****, but I have been continuing the fight of improving the truck. I finished the sound deadener in the front, and was able to put the mat down finally. I still have to try using a heat gun maybe and pressing out some of the kinks but i personally love the mat compared to carpet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also finally had the pleasure of using a riveter, what a convenient tool. Went ahead and got Cunningham Machines billet door pulls. Also got their door pins which are going in this weekend. I needed to do everything inside of the door panels because after waiting 15 months i had finally received the sheet metal panels I had ordered from "Big Wig racing". The panels are perfect and exactly what i wanted, so i definitely don't want to have to remove them and potentially damage them lol. I went and had them powder coated, the photo doesn't do it justice, they look so much better in person

Test fitting them.

Forgot to take a photo of the doorpulls and side mirror covers that get attached to it.

Reaction score
Also learned the hard way that since the HVAC i installed is custom, that I would have to make something for the vent connections. Waiting for this to dry before coating it with a water resistant epoxy.

They are obviously not perfect by any means but theyll get the job done and nobody is going to see them. My biggest concern right now is how I am going to attach this completely custom made defrost adapter. I know its a little small but im not that worried about that.