Chris AU's '92 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Just started readin and came across this.. it looks like a chain let go.. those are the marks that a chain would leave anyways.

Also, Nice truck.. its gonna look really good with the lift and mirrors and bumper

Thanks! And now the tailgate will be replaced! I just ordered paint for the tailgate, I'm gonna spray and clear it after sanding off all the paint above and below the CHEVROLET strip.

Also ordered Silverado cab emblems, a Chevrolet horn button, and a 94-98 Chrome grill (contemplated painting one to match but decided not to). Only thing I still need is some smoked corners and a Bowtie! Who knew these bowties would be so hard to find???

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Heres the new tailgate, I hope to start stripping the beige paint off tomorrow.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also took out my bench seat tonight, already got it sold locally for what it is costing me to go pick up my 95-98 buckets tomorrow! Also finally found a blue 88-94 center console!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well I got the tailgate stripped and primed today. Also got my bucket seats installed:

Got a couple pieces for the Chevrolet conversion in today too:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
very nice! those are 95+ seats and badges?

That is correct. They guy told me that the seats had been recovered in the last two or three years, I believe him! They are in like-new condition. Sold my bench for as much as they cost too. As for the badges, those are part of my Chevrolet conversion. I my grille is on the way. The cab emblems and horn button will be 88-93/94, but the other Chevy stuff will be 94/95-98.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also took out my bench seat tonight, already got it sold locally for what it is costing me to go pick up my 95-98 buckets tomorrow! Also finally found a blue 88-94 center console!

But now the 88-94 center console won't match the 95-98 buckets:nono:

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
So you re going to the newer style grill with the chevy conversion? It gunna look nice! I usually go for the looks of a GMC but I just am not a fan of either chevy or GMC grills in the 88-93 style. Not that they look bad I just prefer the newer grills.

Whats the ETA on the new bumper? Im excited to see that and its not even my truck LMFAO.