Chris AU's '92 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Thanks! And when I get the time I plan on seeing what I can do to straighten it, though I'm not too worried about it because TAG Bumpers are in the plans for the future.

well if you ever end up getting the rest of that brushgaurd from jcwhitney it wont sit right unless the bumper is on there perfect just sayin i learned from experience

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
well if you ever end up getting the rest of that brushgaurd from jcwhitney it wont sit right unless the bumper is on there perfect just sayin i learned from experience

Yep I've thought about that, if that comes in that will be my biggest motivator to straighten the bumper out.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Yep I've thought about that, if that comes in that will be my biggest motivator to straighten the bumper out.

i sold my brushguard i needed the money now that they're on back order i wish i never woulda sold it

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well guys here is a project update.

I sold the brushguard, definitely getting a TAG bumper and Rough Country 12k lb winch soon.

You must be registered for see images

Meanwhile, I am picking up a pair of bucket seats from a '95-'98 on Monday to replace my bench, and I'm gonna get a center console out of a '88-'94.

In a few weeks I'm going to order a 6" RCX kit from Auburn Off Road...crazy good price on a new kit from those guys. Also gonna get 35"x12.50"x15" Cooper STT Mud tires and 15"x10" black Bart D Trucker wheels.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last but not least will be a set of turn-signal manual towing mirrors:

You must be registered for see images

Here is a photoshop a member recently did for me that will be very close to the finished product, minus the mirrors:

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
its going to look awesome, I cant wait to see the finished product

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well I was rather disappointed today to find out that Auburn charges tuition when you enroll, I.E. Spring 2011 in on the 2010 tax year 1098-T. However, UAB, where I am getting my masters, charges tuition by when the classes are taken, so Spring 2012 will be on the 2012 1098-T. I wasn't in school in Fall 2011, so all this means no $2500 tax credit that I was expecting in a couple weeks. Oh well.

We do get bonuses the first of March, so I will begin then! I may order the lift sooner, just trying to keep from going broke!

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Thought you wanted to keep it all the year it is? Wont those mirrors change that? Honestly I just dont see the appeal of those school bus mirrors myself either the stock ones you have or the 95+ look MUCH better.

Cant wait to see the bumpers and lift though that will be nice!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Thought you wanted to keep it all the year it is? Wont those mirrors change that? Honestly I just dont see the appeal of those school bus mirrors myself either the stock ones you have or the 95+ look MUCH better.

Cant wait to see the bumpers and lift though that will be nice!

Yeah I decided to just build it like I want it. It will be used as a truck, and I love the way those mirrors look on a lifted truck. And I wanted armrests on the seats.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Also found a nice tailgate with the "CHEVROLET" band on it that I am picking up this afternoon...oh yeah, she's about to be a Chevy! Ordering all the other goodies right now. I'm not going to worry about the bumper brackets or bumper fillers since I'll be going TAG bumper soon!

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
It would appear someone had an automatic pellet gun and was not happy with the previous owner.

Just started readin and came across this.. it looks like a chain let go.. those are the marks that a chain would leave anyways.

Also, Nice truck.. its gonna look really good with the lift and mirrors and bumper

Last edited: