Motor mount question/help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctbhess

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have read the forum along with google research and I am still at a loss. I have a 96' Cheyenne with a 4.3 that I am swapping to a 5.7. When I look up the motor mounts for the same year with a 5.7 it gives me the ones you see in the picture. The bottom two holes line up fine, but the top doesnt. The frame is not even that wide at that point. If I drill out the top center hole in the mount, it does line up to the frame. Would that be strong enough? Or is there a better fitting mount? I also see the later models that just use the rubber inserts, but that doesnt fit my clam shell.

Someone point me there please :) lol
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was hard to tell from 1st picture if that was for a C or K, Ive since figured out the K is 3 hole mount. Flipping it top to bottom doesn’t help?

ctbhess

Reaction score
It was hard to tell from 1st picture if that was for a C or K, Ive since figured out the K is 3 hole mount. Flipping it top to bottom doesn’t help?
Not at all. I have read where some said to flip it, but the mount is evenly drilled regardless of the direction it's mounted. I do see where people are just using the center bolt on the upper part of the mount, but it just seems not right as there is not much frame under that portion and seems like the mount would want to twist. Maybe the two bottom holes are strong enough for this not to happen?

ctbhess

Reaction score
Well now that I look at the mount again, it's not evenly drilled, but it's still just lining up with the center hole at the top. I have the mount upside down in the pic for the two bottom holes to line up correctly.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In your other, these 2 circled holes look like they weren’t used.

ctbhess

Reaction score
In your other, these 2 circled holes look like they weren’t used.
No.. The 4.3 mounts wrapped around the back side with a tab that actually mounted along frame rail. that bottom circled hole does line up with the V8 mounts, but the upper does not. Only the very top single hole does if I were to drill out the mount.