Basket case ‘94 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started on the top side today. Tomorrow I need to pull the engine mount bolts and drain the coolant. Nothing super interesting to note.

LCAs are delaminating pretty bad. The bushings are cracked but not mushed out.

You must be registered for see images attach

Little bit of weeping on the back of the engine. Oil pan? Rear main seal? Who knows. It’s getting a new oil pan because this one is already rusting in spots. The RMS is also getting replaced because when I first installed this in 2018 it looked pretty good and I opted to not do it.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good day on the ‘92. Accessories are off, radiator is pulled, motor is free from the mounts. Tomorrow it’s a quick task of removing the harness and intake accessory brackets and she’ll be ready to come out. I did notice some weeping above the oil filter housing. It’s not weeping from the plug though. Not exactly sure where it’s coming from but I’ll find out. The dampener also had a little bit of oil on it. There’s no RTV on the keyed part of the crank which explains that. Don’t worry, I plugged all the holes before I was done for the day

I also discovered (remembered?) that I installed a big radiator in the ‘92. It’s identical to the one from the ‘94 and has all the ports for cooling lines; save some money and swap that over, too.

I am going to tackle removing the harness to inspect and clean up. I’ve not done that and I’m up for the challenge. I know repairing it on a table will be much easier than doing it standing in the engine bay.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine is ready for removal. I made an intake cover today. It’s a piece of stainless, rubber, and some RTV sandwiched between the two. Three little bolts hold it in place. I usually use tape but I thought I could make something more permanent. I do plan on making something for the distributor hole and getting a plug for the OPS adapter. I should probably do the same for the water pump.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes we use those Hotsy washers in the oil and gas field! Kick butt equipment!
Used one at my Grandparents farm equipment dealership, only had a 6" wand on it, I'm 12-13 yrs old, zero training . Only took me one time shooting my knuckle before getting gloves.
Built a lot of strength up that summer!!! Lol