Noisy Lifters 94 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard that around .530" is the max lift with the dogbones. Supposedly the plastic LS lifter trays are good for >.600" lift. I have a set of the trays, but I don't have a big enough cam laying around to try it out.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget, total lift depends on rocker arm ratio. A .525" lift cam with 1.5:1 rockers will be .560" with 1.6 but, the height of the lifters isn't affected - obviously :biggrin:

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A smaller BC would let the lifter sit lower in its bore then I get longer pushrods.
Got it.
Of all the cams I have looked at, I didn't see anything about what BC they had.
Did I miss something when looking?
I would need a BC about .125 smaller to drop the lifter down further in its bore, correct?
Are the smaller BC cams custom ground?
unless cam is advertized as "small BC" the diameter of BC is seldom disclosed in specs. You'll have to either measure BC yourself or ask the Manufacturer. It's neither mystery or secret; if asked, Manufacturer will tell you. Seller may or may not Know; Manufacturer Knows specs that are indexed to part number.

With dogbone And lobe-lift in cross-hairs of planning, Getting the BC right is one of those things that separates builders from assemblers. Do Not lift the dogbone; Nor drop below it. If ya dislodge a dogbone, a lifter Will turn in bore & destroy motor; game over. At some point (typically about 0.350" Lobe-lift) you'll have to move away from OE-type roller lifters and go to link-bar lifters ... Or to Much-more $Pricey keyway lifters (requires block machining + lifter bore sleeves).