Basket case ‘94 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
16”. Shame they weren’t making 20” steelies in the late 80s early 90s.
"Dubs" back then....20" wheels were just something you saw on donks and urban customs. Or as the lyrics go, "twenty inch blades, on an Impala "....
I think that's one reason why PY0s are so popular on our trucks and on the square bodies. They're a good looking wheel, and you can use factory tire sizes on them. The 17" and 18" truck factory alloys didn't come out till the '07s(gmt900) and then for us 8 luggers, the pattern changed in 2011 so you have to watch for the year of the wheels. Several nice looking alloys in modern factory rims, but either they're too new or you'll have to buy new tires if you're not already running that size.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Since we were talking about these in my ‘95 thread but they are going on my ‘94 I will post these photos here.

You must be registered for see images attach

@HotWheelsBurban - thank you so much! The packaging was awesome and so secure. Might try and source new decals for the middle that are a bow tie, or just run them as they are. Thanks again.
The stock Chevy 8 lug center caps on Rawhide, the emblem is 3 1/2" wide. That looks like about the size on the full wheel covers.
Those emblems are the stamped aluminum type, and had anodized colors. I masked them off and resprayed the black, and used Tamiya translucent red for the GMC (I think, might've been testors red enamel. Was a few years ago; we still had that Burb).
I have seen too many times where people didn't pack stuff well and it ended up damaged. I try to avoid that...since much of what I sell is not easily replaced!
For example, the Hot Wheels RLC GMC Typhoons I got recently...they shipped out that day, but the box had one little bit of tape on it, and no bubble wrap or even tissue paper to keep the two packages from sliding around. When I got the black 454SS trucks from them two years ago, the box was not even taped! Fortunately the porch pirates in my old 'hood were on vacation that weekend, or I'd have been out $65 plus no sold out trucks.....

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should have the rest of the parts here next week. Goal is to have this wrapped up by the end of September/early October.
To do:
Replace valve seals
Replace intake gaskets
Inspect lifters
Replace oil pump/pickup
Replace oil pan and gasket
Replace RMS
Complete harness repair
Replace fuel pump/sending unit
Install trans cooler/lines
Replace oil cooler lines and install fresh gaskets in housing
Install new tires
Change all fluids/filters

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More bad decisions. Looking at a $500 NV4500 with transfer case this weekend. No PTO covers or shifter boot. It is a ‘95 out of a 6.5 truck.

I’ll get it rebuilt. Really dumb question (I’m a 2wd person!) can the transfer case from my 4L80e swap over to the NV4500?

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Valve seals today. So much fun I did them twice. I didn’t put the O ring on after I put valve back in - I did that first. So that won’t work. Went back through them all and did it right.

I need to get photos of the intake valves. They are disgusting. 5/7 was sucking some oil through the intake gaskets. It ran so good though.

Used shop air to hold the valves up - leaks from each one. 4/6 were pretty quite on intake and exhaust. The rest either blew pat the valves or the rings.

Again, kind of surprised by this because it didn’t use hardly any oil and never suffered performance or MPG wise. Plugs were ancient but not terrible. I’ll get pics tomorrow after I pick up that NV4500.