94 k1500 intermittently dies under load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turns out I should've paid a little more attention when I was changing the cap and rotor. Magnet is in terrible shape. Got a new distributor and she runs like a top.
Just wanted to update you guys and say thanks for all the help and knowledge!

Greetings Spankbank850,

Welcome to the GMT400 forum. It's like a virtual old truck jamboree, where folks come
together and freely share their experience in order to help fellow enthusiasts.

The top 3 things that come to mind while reading this thread:

1) One of the most unfair things in the DIY realm is that a rough running engine can
be caused by a fuel delivery failure that mimics an ignition malfunction. Conversely,
nearly identical symptoms can be generated by an ignition failure that mimics a
fuel delivery malfunction. It has been this way for as long as I can remember. It just is.

2) This is why it's so important that when someone asks for assistance, and receives
several responses, that the person come back and shares what the final solution to
the problem actually was. This turns valid troubleshooting theories into proven real
world data points for others to benefit from.

3) Schurkey for the win. (Note: I wonder how many people have learned exactly what
to look for thanks to his cracked magnet photo. Bet it's a big number.) To me, all the
replies in the thread were valid, and show the depth & breadth of hard-won experience
in here.

Anyway, sincere thanks for coming back and sharing the wealth. Good stuff!