Basket case ‘94 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working through the harness tonight. Lots of broken or bare wiring going on. Already glad I took it out. I've ordered some loom and am making a list of all the different colors/sizes of wiring I need.

I pulled the computer out today and even it was greasy! Can't wait to get this dash out and deep clean everything.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
‘92 is now out of service officially. Came out with some struggle. We had a hard time separating the two units but they eventually came apart. Then the fuel lines came unsecured from the firewall and covered the floor with gas, so we had to hose down the barn. Kind of a fiasco for us but we had a good laugh.

Anyways, the transmission is for sale. Asking $500 OBO. 238K miles on the AC Delco rebuild from 2002. This is an NV3500, not the MG5 that would have came with this ‘92. Weeps some oil out of the fill plug. Never tried to replace it. Shifts good, used to make some noise in fifth but it hasn’t done that since a fluid change in 2021. Never abused. I will get some photos of the flywheel, clutch disc, and pressure plate as backup. Those parts were installed at 285K in 2018.

Attachments

• IMG_9511.jpeg
    IMG_9511.jpeg
    510.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9526.jpeg
    IMG_9526.jpeg
    577.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9524.jpeg
    IMG_9524.jpeg
    400.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9525.jpeg
    IMG_9525.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 11

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the hard parts have arrived besides intake gaskets and my RMS. Those should be here soon. Still going through the harness as I’m able and picking away at it. Been trying to paint but it’s been way too humid here. I’m going to do the intake and accessory brackets in alumi-blast. The valve covers and air cleaner will be cast-blast.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much today. Picked up a new soldering iron and what a difference that made. I’ve never been good at soldering but having a nice iron sure helps a lot. Still not going to post photos but it holds and isn’t a massive blob.

Air cleaner and 1 valve cover are ready for paint. The AC bracket is painted. I guess the route I’m going for this truck is: very tidy engine bay and beat exterior.

You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check this stuff out. I’ll never paint anything again that I want to keep rust free that won’t be primed with this stuff. A true 2k primer.
Spray max 2k Rapid Primer FillerGRAY Non ISO - 3680031
https://a.co/d/djkNDXK
That spray max stuff is pretty good. I have their 2K clear and it looks so good when it’s dry. I will see if my local paint shop can source this. Thank you!