Basket case ‘94 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine is removed. Definitely had head gaskets done at one point. It had new plugs, wires, distributor, ICM, cap/rotor. All the basic tune up parts because they were trying to clear up that misfire… all for nothing in the end.

See? No engine.
You must be registered for see images attach

These head bolts aren’t original.

There’s that missing bolt. It was stuck in the grease. Probably been there for years.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We popped a valve cover off and it was milky. Not a ton of sludge in there but enough to know it didn’t have regular oil changes. When I drained the oil it was a mix of oil, coolant, and gasoline. Towards the end it was real thick and sludgy. Poor truck. It’s a real shame the two previous owners did not take care of it.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got two of them with a missing engine, either tomorrow or the next day we’ll be down to one.
Not a bad day then. Hey, what’s the product you used on the aluminum pieces? I need to freshen mine up. Aluma-brite? Or was it an aerosol product?

PO made some modifications to the P/S and alternator bracket.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well… since my ‘92 is basically a part of this thread because I’m taking the engine out of that it feels appropriate to post this here.
Passenger side U bolt rotted through. When I changed oil 4K miles ago these were holding but getting a little thin. Guess they finally popped. Drivers side is the same way.

So today was the last day I’ll be driving my faithful W/T. After 365K miles it’s time for a rest. It has been the most loyal vehicle I’ve ever owned. I will miss driving it. I guess next week the motor will be pulled and we will get it ready for long-term storage.