Let the fun begin.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thoughts on replacing head gaskets? This motor has seen only snow plow use mainly. It'll be more of a daily driver with mountain, and interstate usage. I'd rather be ahead of a blown gasket if y'all think it's a good idea?

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Motorman arriving Monday ahead of schedule. New Delco plugs Iridium are here. Custom water pump ready to install. I may hold it back and see how the one coming acts. 48,000 mile motor picked up tomorrow. The fellow sounds trustworthy, turned me on to the shop he works in. Builds roundy round motors there as a side hustle. Was building his dad a Tahoe and picked the motor up from a friend. Pulled 2 rod and a main cap before he blessed off on it. Then they couldn't get a title. Guy left town and couldn't find him. Nice clean body and interior in Oil City Pa. If anyone's interested. Been sitting in a heated garage for a couple of years. Comes with all new accessories and hoses. Perhaps the gods are smiling at me for once.

Attachments

• 20240824_164150.jpg
    20240824_164150.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 3

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well damn but my stupidity. It's a 5.0. Will the ecm in the 99 5.7 adapt to it? I mean I know the motor will wire in but will it run right. I don't actually mind the.smaller motor.