Mevotech Hub - CV Axle Seal Needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NH94Stepside

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have the Mevotech hub and wheel bearing assembly coming in a couple days, and am hoping to knock out the replacement the same day. Mevotech SKU MEV-H515001

Does this part come with an axle seal? or do I need to buy those separately? I reached out to Mevotech but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks!

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Its a sealed system. Take off the caliper, remove the CV shaft nut and remove 3 bolts in back and it will swap out in less than an hour.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Its a sealed system. Take off the caliper, remove the CV shaft nut and remove 3 bolts in back and it will should swap out in less than an hour.
Fixed it for ya.

in all seriousness, it's not a bad job, especially on the half tons.

NH94Stepside

Reaction score
i'm realizing i may have asked the wrong question - the seal im thinking about is between the knuckle and the CV axle. I assumed it came with the hub since it sits in the same sleeve in the knuckle

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
There's no seal there, the CV axle is sealed with the boot and the Wheel bearing is a sealed bearing. The CV and knuckle bearing is metal-to-metal.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OEM parts use a rubber seal, at least on GMT400s. My second-cousin's husband has an '11 Avalanche which does not use the rubber seal.

'97 K2500 (8-lug) I swapped hub/bearing, but re-used the rubber seal.
You must be registered for see images attach

'88 K1500 (6-Lug) I cleaned up what was already there, reusing the hub/bearing and the seal.
You must be registered for see images attach

TylerSteez

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just used the rock auto SKF listed above last week when I rebuilt my front end. The new wheel hubs and axles didn't come with the seals. You're already gonna be in there so might as well order and replace them.