98 c1500 crank no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

obs-logan

Reaction score
could anyone point me in the right direction for my 98 c1500 5.0l . Within the last 6 months it’s got new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel pump, fuel filter, crank position sensor.
was in the drive thru the other day and it shut off pushed it into a spot and found it has no spark from the coil pack and can’t see any rpm’s on dash, tried a new coil pack today still no spark any ideas -logan

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
The Vortec caps do fail pretty regularly with the poor quality of replacement parts these days. However, with it just stalling out and now no spark, I'd be more suspicious of the ignition module. Cap is an easier and less expensive "shotgun" attempt, though.

Richard

obs-logan

Reaction score
thank you for the advice i’ve been tinkering with it today i ohmed my coil it comes back as 2.2-3.3 i think it’s bad but i still wanna check the ignition control module anyone know of a better way to test it than just buy a new one

obs-logan

Reaction score
i tested the power coming from the connectors on the icm and tried manually jumping spark on the coil got 12.4 volts coming through the wire harness to both icm and ignition coil but yet no spark from the ignition coil am i missing something or is it the coil pack and icm

glock20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i tested the power coming from the connectors on the icm and tried manually jumping spark on the coil got 12.4 volts coming through the wire harness to both icm and ignition coil but yet no spark from the ignition coil am i missing something or is it the coil pack and icm
@someotherguy has a whole write up on one of the other gm sites

google 350 tbi troubleshooting or something