Spare tire let down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know if I would trust a little motor like that to hold it in place traveling down the road. Would have to make up some kind of locking system to keep the tire in place. Would be pretty nasty one of them dropping out on the highway!! Lol
Silly Boy!
The motor doesn't hold the tire up, the winch does. The motor just rotates the shaft on the winch that you would normally run by hand.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I really wasn’t implying anything other than a moving vehicle and a tire at highway speed had a bad ending.
I did not figure that you were implying any such thing. It is just that the title is misleading, and I was pointing out what actually caused the car to be upended for those that don't pay attention to what really happened.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wasn’t implying anything other than a moving vehicle and a tire at highway speed had a bad ending.
I saw that vid a few weeks ago. The spindle on the truck broke and the whole tire/wheel and rotor assembly came off the truck. This also happens in open wheel racing where one car will get up on another cars wheel and go for a helluva ride. My brother in law did it in a racing kart, came down upside down. He didn't get hurt but you should have seen the look in his eyes as he was rolling over in the air. I think it was Eddie Murphy that said "First you say it, then you do it"