Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not factory, no.
Darn, I’m sorta surprised my 2wd base model Tahoe has a very nice aluminum skid plate.
one of those is on my want list maybe some day I think the aluminum are kind of rare at very least hard to find
I’ll fight you for it! Aluminum is where it’s at for skids. No rust to worry about, slicker than steel, and obviously doesn’t weigh anything.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
it is to bad that they do not have factory transmission shield and seeing how suburbans at least the one we had had a tank shield I have no idea why there was not a least a partial one I want to say that both of the 98 gmc jimmy we have have partial tank shields that the tanks rest in

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Darn, I’m sorta surprised my 2wd base model Tahoe has a very nice aluminum skid plate.

I’ll fight you for it! Aluminum is where it’s at for skids. No rust to worry about, slicker than steel, and obviously doesn’t weigh anything.
it is all yours we do have a plastic one on our 97 cheyenne K-3500 crew cab srw 6.5 turbo diesel but that is okay for that truck since it has a big hole cut in it to mount a heat sink with sand offs to a biger heat sink for the pmd the aluminum one would be nice to have for frank'n truck but I do not know how that build is going to end up so if I do find one some day it may end up sitting on a shelf for ever

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it is all yours we do have a plastic one on our 97 cheyenne K-3500 crew cab srw 6.5 turbo diesel but that is okay for that truck since it has a big hole cut in it to mount a heat sink with sand offs to a biger heat sink for the pmd the aluminum one would be nice to have for frank'n truck but I do not know how that build is going to end up so if I do find one some day it may end up sitting on a shelf for ever

I ain’t paying $350 when I only need one. I really don’t plan to get all that rowdy in this truck anyway.

I do however fight constant thoughts of tube bumpers, a big winch up front, rock sliders, and lots of skid plates.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the transmission? I thought the Tahoe/Yukon had a fuel tank shield, but not aluminum. I need pictures please!!’
No no your right it’s for fuel tank not trans, but it is aluminum for the fuel tank! Unless I’m remember wrong and it’s steel and was painted light AL colored, but I’m 99% sure it’s not steel. Been a few years since I had it down, it’s a nice piece tho.

I was shocked when I discovered the fuel tank was metal on these trucks. It has a nice plastic covering around it that had me fooled.