Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m dumb I’ll order a Walbro one I tonight! Hotwire kit didn’t show up today anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_3178.jpeg
    IMG_3178.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 4

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where did you buy the Walbro from?

You want it to look different. It’s a gear pump. More reliable…imo.
You must be registered for see images attach

I bought it from summit using your exact link. I probably should have read the details and I might have, but reading is hard and comprehending what you read is harderer. I do agree a gear pump should be much more reliable. I guess I’d never had a fuel pump make such a loud whine as this dead one did but apparently it’s a common sign of imminent failure. Live and learn!

I did make good progress tho and have the pump ready to drop in besides the sock which should be here tomorrow. That’s fine because the Hotwire kits not here yet either. Paid a few extra bucks for 1 day fedex and it hasn’t even left Recetronix yet grrrrr. Iirc I always have this problem with them.

I did get the T case serviced tho, the fluid coming out was pretty gross. Almost no red left just burnt nastiness and a hint of grit in the fluid when rubbed between fingers to it might be on its way out. It might be the noise I’ve been hearing. Oh well I filled it back up and put the skid plate back on. I’m super impressed with what I’m assuming is factory thiqquh aluminum skid plates, they appear to have taken some hard hits but look great. The trans pan on the other hand has a nice fat dent in it. Kinda wish they had put skids on that and the fuel tank. Might make some down the road.

Attachments

• IMG_3179.jpeg
    IMG_3179.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3180.jpeg
    IMG_3180.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 6