Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapped brake pedal switch, checked every fuse in the truck, and still the right blinker flashes with the radio and the right rear brake light doesn’t work, neither does cruise control. Kinda getting to a point that idk what to do next for this issue.

Also plugged in the old Ultra gauge I had laying around and it appears there’s no way to read trans temp. Not sure if the ECU can read it but doesn’t have the ability to push that to the OBD2 port, or if the ECU doesn’t read it at all. I’ll keep the ultra gauge in the truck and whenever I 0411 swap maybe it will pop up as an option:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapped brake pedal switch, checked every fuse in the truck, and still the right blinker flashes with the radio and the right rear brake light doesn’t work, neither does cruise control. Kinda getting to a point that idk what to do next for this issue.

Also plugged in the old Ultra gauge I had laying around and it appears there’s no way to read trans temp. Not sure if the ECU can read it but doesn’t have the ability to push that to the OBD2 port, or if the ECU doesn’t read it at all. I’ll keep the ultra gauge in the truck and whenever I 0411 swap maybe it will pop up as an option:
Good ground on rear harness? Also, if an old trailer harness is plugged in, remove that and test.
One of these:

You must be registered for see images attach

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found a stranded 2wd F150 next to my house today. Kid thought he could blast down this notoriously bottomless sand road and was wrong. GMC did great in 4lo with locker in and column in first. It did get a bit of wheel hop in the back tho, something I didn’t expect it to get so easily. Doubt I’ll ever do anything about it but I might just do some looking to see if the 55” off road design ladder bar I have on my shelf would fit easily.

Attachments

• IMG_3141.jpeg
    IMG_3141.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3138.jpeg
    IMG_3138.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 10

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So remember that loud fuel pump that everyone said I should replace asap? I was driving home planning to pull the truck right in the shop and drop the tank and……. It died. Actually died half a dozen times and the first few times started right back up. The last two it took 10minutes of key cycling to start back up and died within a minute. So I parked it, got a ride home and jumped in ole reliable.

I’m always massively impressed with how well my Tahoe does towing. It has very much “drag racing suspension” but, if I pump up the airbags in the back it only squats an inch or so and that’s darn impressive to me!

Attachments

• IMG_3152.jpeg
    IMG_3152.jpeg
    505.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3156.jpeg
    IMG_3156.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 5

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the tank dropped and pump out. The pump looks okay but the top hat is hella grimy. The sock looks pretty crusty and is almost brittle, it’s cracking as I touch it. The big yikes was the ground wire that had multiple splices and was bolted to a fairly rusty spot above the bed corner.

Attachments

• IMG_3162.jpeg
    IMG_3162.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3161.jpeg
    IMG_3161.jpeg
    347.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3159.jpeg
    IMG_3159.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3158.jpeg
    IMG_3158.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 6

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should have thought about this before but I just realized I could have run a fuel pump Hotwire kit. I really don’t feel like dropping the tank again anytime soon so I just expressed mailed it fedex next biz day. Should be able to get everything together before the weekend still.

I’ve had good luck with racetronix Hotwire kits in the past and it eliminates any wiring issues his truck could have with that circuit.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the one I used.
You must be registered for see images attach
How did you get the sock onto the pump? Or did you ditch the sock? Mine absolutely do not fit together.

Attachments

• IMG_3174.jpeg
    IMG_3174.jpeg
    332.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3173.jpeg
    IMG_3173.jpeg
    297.4 KB · Views: 4

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you get the sock onto the pump? Or did you ditch the sock? Mine absolutely do not fit together.
Is this the one you got?

Walbro Replacement Fuel Pump Strainers 125-546​

After mounting pump in hanger, it just pushes on. :shrug:

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is this the one you got?

Walbro Replacement Fuel Pump Strainers 125-546​

After mounting pump in hanger, it just pushes on. :shrug:
It looks like it, it came with the hanger kit and is identical to the OEM sock and appears the same as the Walbro sock you posted. But the pumps are fairly different especially on the bottom end. I’m wondering if this is not at all the Walbro pump although it says 5CA400 and USA made in the pump body itself. The bottoms definitely different

Attachments

• IMG_3176.jpeg
    IMG_3176.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3177.jpeg
    IMG_3177.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 4