Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always get coal!
A couple of years ago I was on a project at power plant that was being converted from coal to natural gas. There are coal seams running through our excavations, and just before Christmas I grabbed a handful and wrapped them up for my family, and the one daughter was pregnant at the time, so she got a smaller one for the one in her tummy.
They all thought it was cute.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice score! I vote for reworking the harness yourself as well. It's really not all that hard once you get into it and you can route stuff the way you want it.
Thanks....was definitely a win on that engine...so far! Lol
Ya, definitely doing it myself. Lots of good information and videos about it. And it's not like I'm having to get it done ASAP.
A few buddies have done them as well, so I'm nervous, but I'll be ok. Hopefully! Lol
Will be a winter project. We usually get shut down for a week or two at Xmas, so maybe that will keep me occupied.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was at Bucks Auto Wreckers yesterday and I saw the white Denali that you scored the engine out of. The Bare body was all that was left, good job!! The cool thing about the LQ-4 is that it doesn’t need as high of octane fuel vs the LQ-9.
Ya, but had I known we would be pulling the body off, I wouldn't have wasted time taking the front off! Lol
Will know for next time!!
I didn't know about the fuel difference, good to know.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya, but had I known we would be pulling the body off, I wouldn't have wasted time taking the front off! Lol
Will know for next time!!
I didn't know about the fuel difference, good to know.
LQ4 has dished and LQ9 has flat tops, heads are the same. Compression on a LQ4 is around 9.4 and LQ9 is 9.9.

Attachments

• IMG_7083.jpeg
    IMG_7083.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 5