Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LQ4 has dished and LQ9 has flat tops, heads are the same. Compression on a LQ4 is around 9.4 and LQ9 is 9.9.
I knew about that.... bench racing this weekend there was some chatter about finding LQ9 rods and pistons if we have to go that deep into it.
But not doing it just to do it. Only if they have to come out because bearing are shot or cylinder hone is washed out.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you ever mention how many miles(or kilometers up there)are on that motor?
I did not, the cluster was was pulled already. Not sure if it's stored in the ECM or not.
It's a 2003, and the Denali itself was in good shape, other than the smashed drivers side.

Definitely has some leaks, biggest offender was power steering lines. That's why the plan is to pop the heads off and see if how worn the cylinders are. Flip it over and pop a rod cap off at the far end and see how much if any wear on them. It was pretty clean under the valve covers though, so that's encouraging. They drain the oil there and take the filter so we couldn't disect it.

I know it's probably opening a can of worms, but better to find out before I put the work into installing it and have it pile up on me a few months later.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As long as you have the obd port wired in, you can power up the ecu on the bench and hook up a scanner to find the mileage.
That's good to know. My buddy yanked the port, thought he put it in my toolbag, but it seems to have jumped out! Lol
Going back today or tomorrow to see if I can find it on the ground and scope a few other things.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep an eye out for a hood bolt lol! I forgot when I was there. Also let me know if there are anymore 99-06 Yukons or tahoes there. I couldn’t find the axle parts I needed the other day when I was there.
Lol....will do. I'll probably head there tomorrow, I'm setting an alarm in my phone after I post this to get you a bolt!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Saw this at woman's work a few weeks ago, and she was there. I took her down the isle and showed it to her. Said l would like one for a Xmas/birthday present.
She said "like f**k I'm getting you that for Christmas!". Ok dear.
Come home today, saw the kittens (cross thread points for me!) and then when we went to the garage I see this by the tire of my GM.
What the hell???

So I ask her what is that doing here.

I thought you said I wasn't getting it.

She said no, I said you weren't getting it for Christmas, it's not Christmas. I didn't say you weren't getting it, just cuz your a pouty b***h about it not being a Xmas present.

So ya....I got me a aluminum welding thingy now!!! Yay!!!
Just gotta get a bottle of argon, and probably way more than I wanna spend in material!!!
Have a really cool idea for the truck. Just gonna take a bit, probably next year sometime.... hopefully.
Ps....woman is awesome sometimes!!! Was completely shocked.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Keep an eye out for a hood bolt lol! I forgot when I was there. Also let me know if there are anymore 99-06 Yukons or tahoes there. I couldn’t find the axle parts I needed the other day when I was there.
The yards in Houston have a lot of NBS (99-06) trucks....bastids don't open till 9am though and it's already too hot to walk around....