Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Was a lot of hoses....was!!! Lol
Ya, plans are to research what different types of pumps are on these beasts, definitely not doing hydro boost on this thing....yet! Lol
And find the way to get vacuumed too the booster.
Lots of research in my future!!! Lol
I guess it's possible to get enough vacuum from an LS to the power booster. I had heard that's why the 6.0s had HB, that they didn't make enough? Only experience I have with an 800/NBS is the '06 Denali, and I don't even have it to look at anymore....

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess it's possible to get enough vacuum from an LS to the power booster. I had heard that's why the 6.0s had HB, that they didn't make enough? Only experience I have with an 800/NBS is the '06 Denali, and I don't even have it to look at anymore....
Buddy pointed out a port on the back of the intake that had a plug in it, said that's where you get vacuum from. He's done a LS swap into an old Ford, so I trust him.
But I have kids, and have been a supervisor for a long time....trust, then VERIFY! LOL

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Buddy pointed out a port on the back of the intake that had a plug in it, said that's where you get vacuum from. He's done a LS swap into an old Ford, so I trust him.
But I have kids, and have been a supervisor for a long time....trust, then VERIFY! LOL
Makes sense, good to know!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome! It’s too bad I wasn’t able to help however I’m super glad you lucked into a 6.0.
I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities in the future for you to give a hand!!! LOL

And ya.... lucky we got it out when we did, that's why the yard guys gave us as much help as they did. Guy said there would be no way that thing would have been there come Tuesday morning. Especially with how the front end was out of it, someone would have found a way to drag at least the engine out by hand.

I know if I stumbled upon it ready to come out, I sure as hell would have figured a way! Lol

And too bad you didn't make it out in time even to get your Yukon stuff, because you probably wouldn't have let the bed of the truck I grabbed the door from get away....it was mint. But a few old fellas grabbed it when we were there. Got to talking with them about it, and when I was done loading mine, they loaded theirs, and the one guy came up and started chatting with me about his project. He's building a stepside right now as well, and ended up getting my number so we can keep in touch. He's 5min away from bucks, in the Park.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool!
Don't knock that 4L65-E. It has some HD parts in it that we 700R4 guys like to get our hands on to beef up our tranny's. Add a few more HD pieces in it and it will work great in your light 1/2 ton with less power drain on the engine.
Ya, the bit of research I've done has said they are essentially a beefed up 700/4L60e, but I don't need or want a 4x4 transmission. My buddy wants it, as he has a stupid project planned!! Like making a 60s Ford into a 6x6!!! So he will get it and find me a 4l80.
But I may do some research and find out more about the 4L65e and see what trucks they came in, and if they were offered in 2wd. Definitely smaller than a 4l80. Just hard finding any 2wd anything up here.

Edit.... maybe I'll look into what it takes to make this one a 2wd....can't involve much more than a tail shaft and output shaft swap.
May have to reach out to @NickTransmissions and see what our expert has to say.