Decided to build a garage. Now the fun begins.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sooooooooo excited for you!!!! Getting a big shop of my own is definitely on my bucket list.
I bet it almost feels surreal watching the mud get poured. Can't wait to see the progress.
Thank you!!

You’re right - it is a bit surreal. It’s something that I didn’t think I’d get the opportunity to do. I’m glad to have taken so many photos and videos. Going through them will take some time, though.

Even though I helped with a smaller concrete project or two as a youth, I don’t recall seeing as many steps in the process as I am at the moment. It appears to me that they’re doing a decent job.

You must be registered for see images attach

The powered trowel is something to see. Don’t think they had those where I worked.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a 10 hour day, the slab is done.

You must be registered for see images attach

Once the building is up, in about a month, Steven will make aprons (ramps) for the doors.

We haven’t yet decided whether to do one apron across the width of the building, or break it up into three separate aprons, one for each door. Either way, on the side wall he’ll add a 3 x 3 pad for the man door and an apron for the 6’ mower roll up door.

It’s been a long day, and I’m beat, even though I didn’t do much except to watch the process unfold. It was really interesting; I had no idea it would be this involved.

Tomorrow or the next day I’ll see about posting some more pics and maybe a video or two.

Progress!

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
one apron across the width of the buildi
I'd go with one that covers all three doorways. Cold joints or saw cuts between each doorway if not down the center of each as well. Would be a shame to have nice aprons out front and strips of grass or mud between them that provide ample dirt to drag inside.