Decided to build a garage. Now the fun begins.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That’s the idea. We’ll see how well it works, of course, but I expect a couple of mini splits will at least help take the edge off the Virginia summertime heat and humidity.

Worst case you can block off a section of shop with hanging tarps or something to try and just cool that portion. I've tossed around that thought myself.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about everything else it gets moving?
Fortunately, in my adult experience that has not been an issue, save once.

That once was in the middle of a vast uncovered parking lot at Denver International Airport. I had just parked my car in preparation for a departing flight, when I had the awful realization that I was in very serious trouble.

I won’t bore you with the details, of course, but will say that once I got through my initial panic, it took some out of the box thinking coupled with quick action, plus a bit of luck, to sort things out.

It turned out better than I thought possible, given the circumstances. And I made my flight.

A mere hundred feet? Hah!

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So far I‘m just putting in a 2” conduit 90º for the power cable, but haven’t planned to put water in this building. But it’s been mentioned here a couple of times, so I need to at least give it some serious thought. For as little as I’d use a sink, a dry well would probably do the trick.
Make sure it's a long sweep 90°. That will make a big difference pulling wire.Thats why I mentioned just having the pipe stub out of the slab. Awfully easy to hook up later. And an old 55 gallon drum, with some holes drilled in it full of gravel would work a treat.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a wall unit from an old mobile office trailer in my garage in Petersburg, VA. It was nice on those killer summer days. I'm going to try getting Virginia in the pole barn, chance of snow tomorrow

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fortunately, in my adult experience that has not been an issue, save once.

That once was in the middle of a vast uncovered parking lot at Denver International Airport. I had just parked my car in preparation for a departing flight, when I had the awful realization that I was in very serious trouble.

I won’t bore you with the details, of course, but will say that once I got through my initial panic, it took some out of the box thinking coupled with quick action, plus a bit of luck, to sort things out.

It turned out better than I thought possible, given the circumstances. And I made my flight.

A mere hundred feet? Hah!
About twenty years ago the ex and I were on an early morning flight from Denver to Chicago.
We got pushed back and de-iced three times so everybody was already a bit stressed out.
United served bran muffins, bananas,yogurt, orange juice and coffee.
I told my wife not to eat any of it.
Ive flown a lot because of my job and I did not see that turning out well at all.
Sure enough.
People were lined up ten deep to use the head on that plane.
Then we circled Chicago for an hour because of the weather.
It was foul inside of that plane. I couldnt tell if the low growling noise was the flaps or the landing gear or the guy sitting next to me.
The funniest part was when they finally opened the door the crowd were shoving each other out of the plane while doing an ass clenching high speed zombie walk to the bathrooms.
Friggen United

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
About twenty years ago the ex and I were on an early morning flight from Denver to Chicago.
We got pushed back and de-iced three times so everybody was already a bit stressed out.
United served bran muffins, bananas,yogurt, orange juice and coffee.
I told my wife not to eat any of it.
Ive flown a lot because of my job and I did not see that turning out well at all.
Sure enough.
People were lined up ten deep to use the head on that plane.
Then we circled Chicago for an hour because of the weather.
It was foul inside of that plane. I couldnt tell if the low growling noise was the flaps or the landing gear or the guy sitting next to me.
The funniest part was when they finally opened the door the crowd were shoving each other out of the plane while doing an ass clenching high speed zombie walk to the bathrooms.
Friggen United

Buncha wimps! They must not dabble in Taco Bell or military chow halls either.