Decided to build a garage. Now the fun begins.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could sew a boot out of those steaks. Thin, tough, and absolutely not worth it. You had to get three each of those cheap @$$ plastic forks and knives because they'd break so much. We were more excited for the chicken wings on Thursdays (it was Thursdays, wasn't it?).

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You could sew a boot out of those steaks. Thin, tough, and absolutely not worth it. You had to get three each of those cheap @$$ plastic forks and knives because they'd break so much. We were more excited for the chicken wings on Thursdays (it was Thursdays, wasn't it?).

That I don't recall, it's been 12 years now.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update:

Building the forms.
You must be registered for see images attach

Gravel placed and the thickened areas for the two post lift prepared.

The pour is scheduled for Monday at 8AM. It’s pretty difficult to get concrete around here. Steven thought it might take a week. Apparently there are too few facilities to keep up with demand. So we got lucky to have it here in three days.

Last edited:

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You just reminded me of the Army chow hall at KKMC in '91. The Egyptians would roll in packed standing on 18 wheeler flat deck. We called em locusts. You wanted to be there before they showed up.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update:

Building the forms.

Gravel placed and the thickened areas for the two post lift prepared.

The pour is scheduled for Monday at 8AM. It’s pretty difficult to get concrete around here. Steven thought it might take a week. Apparently there are too few facilities to keep up with demand. So we got lucky to have it here in three days.
Yay!!!!

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like great weather to pour!!! I'm excited for you.
Thanks! I’m excited too!

It’s 41º at 5AM, and I expect it will warm up at least a few degrees before the truck gets here in about three hours.

I spent some time yesterday making sure the pads for the two post lift were ready to go, and in all the excitement I managed to forget to put in the electrical conduit! SMH! So that’s this morning’s last minute chore.