Chris AU's '92 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Got a couple better pics of the tailgate, and also got the headliner covered! I always say overkill is underrated, I used 3 whole cans of 3M 90 adhesive. I must say I LOVE the headliner material that Hancock Fabrics had, I'd definitely recommend spending the extra few dollars on it when anyone does theirs. I had absolutely ZERO wrinkles to deal with. I think the plastic foam backing it has promotes adhesion also, allows the glue to soak in it a little bit and really hold well. I test glued a small piece to the center of the headliner and after 10 minutes I picked up the headliner by the small piece and it held the weight of the entire thing!

You must be registered for see images attach

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Cab lights! Didn't have time to finish wiring them up today, but I have all the wires run. I've decided to tie the cab lights and mirrors into a switch on the dash to use them all as running lights that never blink. Got to pick up a switch. I got the headliner up and decided to call it a day when I got to the visors. I can't stand trying to get them back in grrrrrr I'll tackle them tomorrow. New headliner looks so awesome though.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good man. Really like the gate, wish I could find a gmc one like that.

I want cab lights too, but scared about drilling all the holes in my roof....

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Looking good man. Really like the gate, wish I could find a gmc one like that.

I want cab lights too, but scared about drilling all the holes in my roof....

Just measure, measure, and measure. I did like most others did and taped off the front of my roof with white masking tape and went to town with a tape measure and a pen.