Chris AU's '92 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya i'm just scared of leaks and screwing it up in general. I also cant decide between stock or a 07-11 led set....

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Ya i'm just scared of leaks and screwing it up in general. I also cant decide between stock or a 07-11 led set....

I went with generic tear drops because thats what I had in high school on my '92 RCSB, I like the look of them.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya I like both, just can't make up my mind which I like better. I also think the tow mirrors help pull them off right and I havent decided how much I like them yet either...

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just measure, measure, and measure. I did like most others did and taped off the front of my roof with white masking tape and went to town with a tape measure and a pen.
Man that turned out good I can't wait another couples weeks those mirrors make all the difference with the cab lights. Headliner looks awesome to. I have the mossy oak break up infinity waiting to go in mine and the door panels. That's got to wait til I finish my new speaker box. Looks good though defiantly coming along good. LOL I started with pencil then my notes got confusing and then I went to pen.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Man that turned out good I can't wait another couples weeks those mirrors make all the difference with the cab lights. Headliner looks awesome to. I have the mossy oak break up infinity waiting to go in mine and the door panels. That's got to wait til I finish my new speaker box. Looks good though defiantly coming along good. LOL I started with pencil then my notes got confusing and then I went to pen.

Thanks man! I definitely would have done camo if I had the tan interior. And you are right, the tow mirrors by themselves look good, and cab lights by themselves look good, but together they really add a heavy duty look that I love.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks even better all lit up! I would put the new lights on a relay and use the parking lights to turn on the relay. I know someday I would forget to turn the switch off though...

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I thought it'd be fun to make a list of parts I've added/replaced/upgraded since I bought the truck in September:

Headlights
Park Lights
Corner Lights
Cab Lights
Grill
Grill Emblem
Tailgate
Taillights
Dome Light
Dome Light Housing
Cargo Light
Courtesy Lights
Overhead Console, W/ Lights
Headliner
Coat Hooks
Seats
Center Console
Radio
Radio Pocket
Dome Light Switch (Door Jamb)
Mirrors
Toolbox
Cab Emblems
Molding Emblems
Subwoofer/Amp
Thermostat
Thermostat Housing
Radiator
Upper Radiator Hose
Distributor/ICM/Pick-Up Coil
Plug Wires
Plugs
Ignition Coil
EGR Valve Solenoid
Air Cleaner
Oil Filter
Air Filter
Fuel Filter
Intake Manifold Gaskets
EGR Valve Gasket
Fuel Line O-Rings
TB Gasket
Distributor Gasket
Battery
Under Hood Light
Transmission Rebuilt
Dash Cover
Horn Button
LF Hub Assembly
LF Outer Tie Rod End
LF Sway Bar End Link
Tires
Painted Fake Lugs
Rainguards
Bedliner on Bedrails
Tailgate Mat
Wiper Pulse Board
Coolant Reservoir Cap
Radiator Cap
Exhaust Tips
Painted Valve Covers
Valve Cover Gaskets
Painted Intake Manifold
Center Vents
Radio Dash Kit
Fuse Panel Door
Z71 Decals
Z71 Skid Plate
Bed Stake Hole Tie-Downs
Toolbox-Mounted Tie-Downs
IAC Valve
Coolant Temperature Sensor
Coolant Temperature Sender
O2 Sensor

Parts Bought to Be Installed Soon:
Heater Core
Pitman Arm
Idler Arm
Jeep Steering Shaft

I'm sure I forgot some...

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Looks even better all lit up! I would put the new lights on a relay and use the parking lights to turn on the relay. I know someday I would forget to turn the switch off though...

Thanks! I have them tied to my mirror LED's on a switch on the dash, also relocated the switch for my radio right next to it.