Talk me into, or out of, it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hell, when you go to Burger King and spend almost $30 for a couple whoppers and fries, that's not all that bad!
Yup.... breakfast for 3 of us at Denny's, with Mom and I getting meals from the 55+ menu, was $35....even Whataburger is $25 for 3 breakfast meals.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it man. But what ya gonna do? Not eat? It tastes amazing. :) Texas BBQ is an art, and this man is a master of it. I'll admit there's a bit of a sticker shock moment when he gives you the total but then you eat it and all that fades away.

Richard
I can understand,good food is worth the money. I just remember roach coaches having roach coach prices. We've got a little BBQ stand a couple miles down the road that really knows how to get it done. Been about a year since I was in there,I imagine they're prices have had to increase also.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our local Dennys closed last year. Part of the reason was trying to find staff that would work. Or so I heard.
Too much meth and ******.
It’s part I’m sure, along with their operating costs. I’m seeing whole shopping centers closing in many places, businesses are being gutted out in this economy.
Hopefully the government will wake up before we have to fly to china to have a sit down dinner.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid eating out, even at McDonalds, was a treat. We only went out to eat on special occasions. I have inlaws now who are struggling because for years they ate out for every meal and they don't know how to cook. Cheap fast food was only sustainable so long as labor was readily available. We saw the big boomer retirement coming for decades and now it's a surprise the labor market's tight?

I eat out about twice a week, and I cook a lot of my own food from scratch. If you buy pre-made packaged food, your grocery bill skyrocketed. Mine went up, but not as much. Get back to cooking from scratch at home. It's healthier anyways.

But yeah, I love BBQ and I can barely afford to buy it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
People everywhere are bellyaching about nobody wants to work, and I get that McDonalds isn't going to pay a living wage. But there are plenty of other jobs that should and don't. At some point it's not a matter of people not wanting to work so much as it is not wanting to work for peanuts. When Tractor Supply pays the same but has better benefits than swinging a hammer it's time to have an honest conversation with yourself about your business model.