Pontiac Rallys on c1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barelyidle

Reaction score
I figure I’ll just have to buy a set and try at this point. Unless someone chimes in and can be rather definitive about it. They’re relatively cheap for sale, last set I saw he only wanted couple hundred, some guys like 4 if they’re mint. And thats Canadian so it’s like 40 bucks and a case of beer in you fellas money haha. I’m interested for winter rims, they sell for same kinda money oe alloys in decent shape go for and they’re way cooler

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Yeah isn’t that the truth, I’m hoping clearance is the least of the concerns keeping it at a 15” not going down in size. But never know. Something seems suspicious that no one’s done this before.
Eh; seems like whenever I've seen older OEM car wheels on a GMT400 it's been in the hood, with "old school" type folks that you generally wouldn't see posting pics on the internet.

I've also seen the 15" "mesh" style B-body Caprice wheels on GMT400's. I've run the 17" Impala SS as many others have (not the best offset for a lowered truck but they fit.) As mentioned earlier I've seen the 15" Buick chrome wheels. You'll find the squarebody "bullet hole" aluminum wheels on GMT400's too; and those were also originally on 1/2" studs. I'd be willing to bet a dollar none of those people had to ream the lug holes.

Richard

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah isn’t that the truth, I’m hoping clearance is the least of the concerns keeping it at a 15” not going down in size. But never know. Something seems suspicious that no one’s done this before.
I say take some specific measurements from your hub to your caliper, depth and radius wise, then go and measure the rim the same way when you go to buy them. But exactly like @someotherguy said, if anyone was running them it'd be an old guy.

barelyidle

Reaction score
Yes sir all good ideas thanks guys. And I hear ya with the hood haha so true. but I mean lots of Buick riv dudes and way too many 80s rally (truck) rim guys, that stuffs overdone all day. Bullet holes ya. I think there’s 2 types of people who own these trucks. The guys who spend too much on them and lose their ass at the end of the day and guys who think a bit more creatively keeping in mind what it really is. An old pickup, complete with old pickup issues and an old pickup valuation. Something like a set of classic car rims that are pretty rad. Neat way to go. And actually took a bit more ingenuity, be a lot easier to order up some Boyd Coddingtons on the credit card right now and not fuss with some old pantyyaks

Last edited: