Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has to have some sort of worm adjustment,maybe internally with shims. Really doesn't matter, it's junk, send it back!!!
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that in fancyTBI’s thread. But, I agree, send it back.

Pollo Dustino

Reaction score
Oh believe me, this box is coming out and getting sent back even if I do adjust it again. And I'll be letting Jeff know my opinion on the whole matter. I'm heading on a camping trip this Wednesday and don't have time to replace it before then, so tightening it up will have to do.
Unlock the steering wheel and grab the steering shaft and rotate it while watching for the input shaft to move in and out of the box. If the worm adjustment is loose adjusting the sector will do you no good. It requires a big socket and a pin spanner to adjust the worm.
The factory units have two adjustments, the input shaft and the sector shaft. These Borgesons only have the sector shaft. I did try tightening up my factory unit's input shaft nut but it just had too much wear in it.