Reman Steering Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"100% New". No apparent adjustment at the input end.

Reminds me of the "100% New" box sold by...someone else...with no adjustment, and sourced from China. Somebody else was posting about that on this forum, maybe even in this thread...but I'm too lazy to look it up.
Probably the Borgeson. I’ve never heard of PSC-(Parts Source of China) Lol. They need more than that on their website and lots of real solid reviews for $900.00.

konajoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Borgeson does not list a steering box for the 3500 trucks.

The Performance Steering Components BIG BORE XD Steering Gearbox looks like an entirely different type of box. It features an upgraded 45mm sector shaft and larger piston diameter.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Borgeson does not list a steering box for the 3500 trucks.

The Performance Steering Components BIG BORE XD Steering Gearbox looks like an entirely different type of box. It features an upgraded 45mm sector shaft and larger piston diameter.

1500’s typically got casing stamped “83” w/70mm bore and 2500/3500’s stamped “84” w/80mm bore.
What size sector shaft came on the original Saginaw?
It says “Larger Piston Diameter delivers Increased Torque Output”. Does that just mean the larger 80mm that typically came on original part? Their site is vague, no specific information for comparison.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a cardone NEW box (977540GB) on a 98 tahoe this week, that with a Cunningham shaft really tightened the steering up on this one (everything else in the front end had already been replaced). Seems an affordable option on Rock auto at $273. Time will tell how it holds up but initial impressions are good.

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I played the reman game with several of the usual brands a few years ago with three trucks and it didn’t pan out - unless you enjoy cranking on pitman bolts and waisting PS fluid. Ended up disassembling all three finding two were not rebuildable with just seals and a couple of bearings. I was down to turnone or redhead. I went with the redhead. With all the scoring and pitting it was likely many hard parts would need replacing and may cost more with turnone. My 91 C2500 C6P required a large bore. 2864L-MH-3T. 2864L-MH-3T (3 Turns)

Attachments

• IMG_8821.jpeg
    IMG_8821.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 3