Borgeson box quick ratio comparison vs normal ratio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not all borgeson boxes have that play. Mine doesn't. I totally agree that if I spent the money for "the good one" then it better be right. Maybe it's adjustment? But seriously, you shouldn't have to adjust the thing for the amount of money spent for it.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Moog pitman arms are stupidly tight--unnecessarily tight in my opion.
I tried 2 different ProForged and they wouldn't even go on... Started machining the grooves by the key ways if trying to torque....Had put put a Moog on.... If anything, I thought it seemed too loose but I got mine from Amazon..

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who's going to be the guinea pig and try the Cognito braces on a K truck?

Has anybody owned a RedTop/BlueTop steering gear that now owns a Borgeson?

And.....has anybody tried the TTX tie rod ends? I've been so tempted........

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's going to be the guinea pig and try the Cognito braces on a K truck?

Has anybody owned a RedTop/BlueTop steering gear that now owns a Borgeson?

And.....has anybody tried the TTX tie rod ends? I've been so tempted........
I’ve had them on for 2 years.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were installed when I re-did front end 2 years ago. So a major upgrade all around, what percent of the improvement pie, I can’t say for sure. But no regrets using them.
About 20k on them. Zero play on all parts.

Last edited:

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting you had luck with a Proforged pitman. I tried 2 different ones they sent and it was the same issue of them not even able to get started. And they were heavily coated, not raw looking like yours... But it wasn't just the coating, but the machine tolerances were definitely off. Put a Moog on with zero issue.... And you have a factory steering box.... I may try to see if there's enough difference in my old one to see if the 2 paper weights I have here will fit it....

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not all borgeson boxes have that play.
I guess the same could be said for the GM boxes..
Just pulled mine out of the attic.....
Yeah it's loose, like I can turn with my fingers, but it responds as fast as I'm thinking about moving my fingers...jeez....300k miles....Maybe my Borgeson does the same when it's not installed...sure doesn't when it is..
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the same could be said for the GM boxes..
Just pulled mine out of the attic.....
Yeah it's loose, like I can turn with my fingers, but it responds as fast as I'm thinking about moving my fingers...jeez....300k miles....Maybe my Borgeson does the same when it's not installed...sure doesn't when it is..
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I did this to my old 200k mile box yesterday and it seemed super responsive. In the truck I could turn the input a substantial amount before I saw any output so I guess it’s just because it doesn’t have any friction stopping it.