My Crimson Cruiser - 1996 GMC 1500 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No better time than now to do it!
I actually forgot to put one of mine in when I lowered mine last year!!! Lol
Was in a rush I guess.

And ya....my dad was a huge help doing mine as well. And I'm in my late 40's.
Anyone know the size for the bolts? I must of lost them and the new ones don’t come with them

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Feels like they thread in pretty good. Ignore how bad these arms got beat up working at this spring.. which is back out btw..

Anything is probably better than what came out....but for how long? Lol
Most kits like the DJM one I mentioned have new shocks as an option. I’m planning on swapping them when I lower it.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Using A couple of jacks and some redneck science, the only way to get this spring back in was to compress it, take the lower control arm back off, put the spring on the arm, jack the control arm up. I watched him adjust the spring , and then search different jack points on the control arm to both seat the spring and line the lower arm up at the SAME TIME. he stuck the bolts into the arm and told me to torque the ball joints.
You actually stumbled upon the correct procedure from the FSM to install the springs. The FSM has you seat the spring in the frame and the LCA, then jack it straight up into position and install the bolts.

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You actually stumbled upon the correct procedure from the FSM to install the springs. The FSM has you seat the spring in the frame and the LCA, then jack it straight up into position and install the bolts.
It’s really being a pain in the butt right now. It’s definitely no easier once you learn it or the second, third, fourth time around