My Crimson Cruiser - 1996 GMC 1500 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those nuts are meant to be warped. They are oblong on one side and normal on the other. Thread them on with the normal side down and I bet they work.

Something is off then. For the uppers I think I used hammers and pry bars like that liquored up Canadian said @Drunkcanuk. Mine didn’t really put up a fight though. The lowers were bad. They were worse when I had poly bushings.

Take your time and make sure you don’t damage the rubber or else you’ll need to start fresh.
They worked good after doing that!! Thank you. I compared them to the old ones and they were actually the exact same way. Thank you :)

For the bushings, I’ll probably just shell out a couple hundred like @Drunkcanuk said and just take the hit on letting them fix it. Cause I hurt my side real bad trying to. Some kind of muscle, it just hurts to lean my torso or walk really.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They worked good after doing that!! Thank you. I compared them to the old ones and they were actually the exact same way. Thank you :)

For the bushings, I’ll probably just shell out a couple hundred like @Drunkcanuk said and just take the hit on letting them fix it. Cause I hurt my side real bad trying to. Some kind of muscle, it just hurts to lean my torso or walk really.
If you’re not used to some serious wrenching like you’ve been up to it will be easy to over do it. Take an epsom salt bath and just chill. I tweaked my back last week doing something and an epsom soak and ice pack made it better the next day.

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you’re not used to some serious wrenching like you’ve been up to it will be easy to over do it. Take an epsom salt bath and just chill. I tweaked my back last week doing something and an epsom soak and ice pack made it better the next day.
My dad used a little more strength then I got and he made the passenger side work. I Payed him a little to see if he can get the other side fixed.

I’m definitely taking a long bath and stretching good.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My dad used a little more strength then I got and he made the passenger side work. I Payed him a little to see if he can get the other side fixed.

I’m definitely taking a long bath and stretching good.
As a fella with bulging L4/L5 disks, yup, heat, stretch and keep moving. Or else it locks right up on you and then your really F'd!

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As a fella with bulging L4/L5 disks, yup, heat, stretch and keep moving. Or else it locks right up on you and then your really F'd!
It’s been hurting like a ***** lately. Especially with my warehouse job throwing away heavy *** beams and other large metal objects off a dock door into trash trailers.

I’ve gained some size though which I’m happy about, just trying to keep reminding myself to use proper lifting, stretching, and good hot showers after work.

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
straight up, no lies, can’t take all the credit myself here. no bullshit.. biggest shout out to my DAD for being the most supportive person of me ever.. teaching me things and supporting what I want to do with my passions and my career.

You must be registered for see images attach

Using A couple of jacks and some redneck science, the only way to get this spring back in was to compress it, take the lower control arm back off, put the spring on the arm, jack the control arm up. I watched him adjust the spring , and then search different jack points on the control arm to both seat the spring and line the lower arm up at the SAME TIME. he stuck the bolts into the arm and told me to torque the ball joints.

Don’t know how I could have done it without him, and that’s the best tutorial/write up I can give.

All I can say is, don’t do this at home! If you do, have at least one other person help! I did a little jacking it up while he was adjusting the spring and he couldn’t have done both at the same time. Once he had one bolt in the control arm it was time for me to stand back.

You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I changed my mind, I’m gonna go ahead and grab some new shocks while I’m at it!
No better time than now to do it!
I actually forgot to put one of mine in when I lowered mine last year!!! Lol
Was in a rush I guess.

And ya....my dad was a huge help doing mine as well. And I'm in my late 40's.