My Crimson Cruiser - 1996 GMC 1500 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
DUDE! nice truck lol. I like what your plans are with it and I high recommend the Cunningham steering shaft, as I have one on my 97 and it eliminated ALOT of play in the steering!

That truck looks to be in pretty decent shape(headliner could use some love lol). I just recently rebuilt my front suspension in my 97, entire front end was original(minus tierods) with 400K+ miles

I'm not too far away from you. I live south in the Fayetteville area and I was just in Rogers this morning at a car meet.

You should come check out CTO(Cruising The Ozarks), they hold a meet and greet the last Sunday of every month in Rogers at the Home Outlet.

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DUDE! nice truck lol. I like what your plans are with it and I high recommend the Cunningham steering shaft, as I have one on my 97 and it eliminated ALOT of play in the steering!

That truck looks to be in pretty decent shape(headliner could use some love lol). I just recently rebuilt my front suspension in my 97, entire front end was original(minus tierods) with 400K+ miles

I'm not too far away from you. I live south in the Fayetteville area and I was just in Rogers this morning at a car meet.

You should come check out CTO(Cruising The Ozarks), they hold a meet and greet the last Sunday of every month in Rogers at the Home Outlet.
Very cool to see people in my area! That’s what I was hoping for !

400k is a lot of miles lol, people love to drive these trucks to death. Definitely what I wanna do with this one. My grandpa, friends, everyone who’s had an OBS says “I regret ever selling mine”. Well, I wanna be able to never have to say that!

I’d really love to get into the car/truck scene around here, I got on Facebook to start but haven’t gone far with it since I’m working on my truck.

And Thank you for the compliments! I definitely wanna have a stiff feel to my driving and the steering shaft will do exactly that.

I’ll check out that meet and definitely let me know if there’s other meets going on! I won’t mind showing up once I’ve got the wheels back on my truck :Big Laugh:

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
Very cool to see people in my area! That’s what I was hoping for !

400k is a lot of miles lol, people love to drive these trucks to death. Definitely what I wanna do with this one. My grandpa, friends, everyone who’s had an OBS says “I regret ever selling mine”. Well, I wanna be able to never have to say that!

I’d really love to get into the car/truck scene around here, I got on Facebook to start but haven’t gone far with it since I’m working on my truck.

And Thank you for the compliments! I definitely wanna have a stiff feel to my driving and the steering shaft will do exactly that.

I’ll check out that meet and definitely let me know if there’s other meets going on! I won’t mind showing up once I’ve got the wheels back on my truck :Big Laugh:
I bought the truck a week after I turned 18, still in HS. I didn't know anything about odometer reading at the time, otherwise I would have never bought it. I ended up meeting the guy's son that sold me the truck a few weeks later in school. He told me his dad was a first responder so that's why it had so many miles. Also, the truck was going to go to the kid when he turned 18, but did a major F up and his dad sold it to me instead lol.

The truck has almost 450K and I finally have the truck the way I want it and I will NEVER sell it!

There's another meet going on next sunday at the One Uptown pn Pauline Whitaker Pkwy. Although the word is it's targeted towards higher end cars(Porsche, Ferrari, etc) but me and a buddy are going to attend it in our loud ass trucks and see what happens lol

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought the truck a week after I turned 18, still in HS. I didn't know anything about odometer reading at the time, otherwise I would have never bought it. I ended up meeting the guy's son that sold me the truck a few weeks later in school. He told me his dad was a first responder so that's why it had so many miles. Also, the truck was going to go to the kid when he turned 18, but did a major F up and his dad sold it to me instead lol.

The truck has almost 450K and I finally have the truck the way I want it and I will NEVER sell it!

There's another meet going on next sunday at the One Uptown pn Pauline Whitaker Pkwy. Although the word is it's targeted towards higher end cars(Porsche, Ferrari, etc) but me and a buddy are going to attend it in our loud ass trucks and see what happens lol
Lmao that sounds like fun def reply me how it goes, I haven’t heard much about Fayetteville hs but anyone I’ve met from Farmington is really cool.

It’s always great to know the backstory behind your truck. Wish I knew more about mine tbh

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Just a kid doing a driveway job so don’t hate too much please lol, it’ll do about as good as I need it to right now.

the VHT roll cage and underbody paint I’m using says it doesn’t need primer but I wanna do it anyway just because I scuffed it up with a wire brush and sanding it. Doing some more prep and Putting on paint tomorrow. Then doing the other side next.

Once it’s fully dry I’m gonna keep working on top where there’s still some dirt. Otherwise wheel wells are looking pretty damn clean.

Also painting my inner fenders tomorrow and putting them back on.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
I was thinking of painting the inner fender fastener bolts red. Would that look too tacky ? Either way I’m cleaning them up really nice before they all go in.
Maybe. Maybe not. It's your truck lol. Maybe paint one and see how it looks against everything.

If your truck is 2WD, which it look like it, those springs will be a bisch to get back in. Better invest in a GOOD spring compressor or a BAP(big ass prybar). At least I had to use a prybar on my 97 when I replaced my LCA a few months ago. Our spring compressor wouldn't compress it enough so i couldn't really install it the "correct" way.