Horrible sound at idle and during shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uh-oh

Reaction score
Or more like a slow whirl sound like something is grinding in the case. It also do this whirl sound when the trans wants to shift but can’t till it hits a certain mph or rpm.

Uh-oh

Reaction score
FIXED: tested the tps, found a dead spot at .9v where it would jump up to 1.5. Replaced tps and adjusted to .58 at idle. Shifts like butter.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FIXED: tested the tps, found a dead spot at .9v where it would jump up to 1.5. Replaced tps and adjusted to .58 at idle. Shifts like butter.
Friggen awesome. Short no bullshit and you posted the repair.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The real miracle here is that the TPS fixed the grinding noise in the trans.
Im not really sure about that either.
But. If you are new to this it can be hard to tell where that noise comes from.
I think I have told this story before but many years ago I had an 83 K5 Blazer that I put a lot of money into to set it up as our Mexico beach truck.
I went through that truck over and over and set it up for us to go down through Baja and spend a few months every year just being beach bums.
So we got about 4 hours south of Ajo Az and way into Mexico and I start hearing this friggen noise from the truck.
It sounded like mraak sqeeul dirp
I cant really describe it to you.
So I pulled of on the side of noplace and checked the truck and found nothing.
Back on the road. Way the hell down in Baja way in the middle of noplace same thing.
I was already running in full on boy scout be prepared high stress mode because Im driving my family into ******* Baja Mexico.
It was the purple Barney talking dinosuar stuffed under the seat and shorting on the seat bracket.
You would think that that would be the end of this story and the end of Barney.
Nope.
About two years later my ex puts new batteries in Barney and nothing happens.
Barney doesnt say ****.
She puts Barney on my nightstand
I come home after weeks on the road and im just smoked tired.
Im am just fading out when i tipped Barney onto my head and Barney Said
"I love you"
******* Barney hasnt said a damn thing in all this time and he decides to lay that on me.
So I end up beating the crap out of Barney and my ex thinks Im a loon and laughed like hell because Im beating the crap out of Barney.
But..
If you lived through the Purple Barney.
You probably went through the "Tickle me Elmo"
Im probably the only guy who ever got handcuffed over a "Tickle me Elmo"