Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So what are you saying, I sent you a link to a cheap part? Just bustin’…Spectra’s are quality.
If they get the seal of approval from here I have no problem saving $20. Plus if it shows up not as good as I hope Amazon is so easy to return stuff.

I’m actually kinda excited to drop the tank. Only because I like doing PO maintenance investigative work. Not only does the gauge suck, the pump whines, there’s a mystery ground dangling from that area, there was a loose tank strap bolt, and it smells like gas if I leave the truck in the shop closed up for a period of time. So maybe my MPG is from evap, or fuel sloshing out.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they get the seal of approval from here I have no problem saving $20. Plus if it shows up not as good as I hope Amazon is so easy to return stuff.

I’m actually kinda excited to drop the tank. Only because I like doing PO maintenance investigative work. Not only does the gauge suck, the pump whines, there’s a mystery ground dangling from that area, there was a loose tank strap bolt, and it smells like gas if I leave the truck in the shop closed up for a period of time. So maybe my MPG is from evap, or fuel sloshing out.
I found a NOS original when I did mine last year.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These pics are from @slow_c1500 recent thread showing his Walbro 5CA400 sitting in a new Spectra hanger. Maybe he can add his input.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

That looks nice, such a different design from GMT800 buckets. I kinda like it more I think

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking closer at that wire harness, I think that ground is the mystery wire I can see coming down from the top of the tank. It’s been spliced into twice and no has a self taper securing it to the frame rail.

I’d bet a lot of money that was the culprit to the problem I had the other day when the truck shut off.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got 11.8mpg last tank which is much improved from the 10 the tank before. Maybe the old gas is finally washed out and the ECU is remembering how to run efficiently. Also an O2 sensor code popped so I guess I’ll be doing those and maybe net even better mpg!

Took another 150ish mile trip today, not much dirt but lots of back roads, it was great!

Attachments

• IMG_3072.jpeg
    IMG_3072.jpeg
    480 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1438.jpeg
    IMG_1438.jpeg
    501.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1437.jpeg
    IMG_1437.jpeg
    400.4 KB · Views: 6

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Code is showing bank 1 sensor 2 which is down stream from the cat. I’ve never really seen them cause much of an MPG problem but it does beg the question of whether the cat is dying. Whats yalls opinions? I have no issues gutting a cat or removing it.

Attachments

• IMG_3064.jpeg
    IMG_3064.jpeg
    378.2 KB · Views: 4