Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made the 75 mile ride to the beach without any issues. This truck is going to be a great cruiser for trips like this. I need to fix the cruise control and it needs tie-downs in the bed, but it did great! Now for some relaxing beach time.

Attachments

• IMG_2964.jpeg
    IMG_2964.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2962.jpeg
    IMG_2962.jpeg
    553.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2969.jpeg
    IMG_2969.jpeg
    410.6 KB · Views: 9

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well on the trip back it randomly shut off while driving as if it was out of gas. Gauge said 1/8 of a tank left and I was actually heading to a station already. But I had only gone 212miles that tank and when I filled it up after it died it only took 20.8gal. So something is sus with the fuel bucket and I’m not sure why the trucks getting 10mpg that’s a little upsetting for being a 5.7 and the trip being 60-65mph back roads. I would expect that from a BB maybe but for a 5.7 I definitely expected 12-14.

I foresee dropping the tank in the near future. But it did make it the rest of the way home flawlessly and I really am falling in love with it even more!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well on the trip back it randomly shut off while driving as if it was out of gas. Gauge said 1/8 of a tank left and I was actually heading to a station already. But I had only gone 212miles that tank and when I filled it up after it died it only took 20.8gal. So something is sus with the fuel bucket and I’m not sure why the trucks getting 10mpg that’s a little upsetting for being a 5.7 and the trip being 60-65mph back roads. I would expect that from a BB maybe but for a 5.7 I definitely expected 12-14.

I foresee dropping the tank in the near future. But it did make it the rest of the way home flawlessly and I really am falling in love with it even more!
My crew cab is a 5.7 and it routinely gets 9.5-10 mpg in town. We get on the freeway every so often and blow the cobwebs out, but it gets better mileage on highway road trips. 12-14 mpg then.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
you have 4.10s that is not great for mileage but is great for towing hauling pulling pushing and any other truck related thing you can think of you are also a 4x4 more heavy then a 2wd smiles per gallon ftw if my project is able to meat or slightly pas 10 mpg I will be very happy big blocks and big tires with lifts and gears to match drink a lot

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
you have 4.10s that is not great for mileage but is great for towing hauling pulling pushing and any other truck related thing you can think of you are also a 4x4 more heavy then a 2wd smiles per gallon ftw if my project is able to meat or slightly pas 10 mpg I will be very happy big blocks and big tires with lifts and gears to match drink a lot
What makes 4.10s drivable is the HD overdrive transmission (4L80E). And a 4x4 has more weight to move in the first place. That said, these are trucks built for work, and they're not not going to get great mileage. If I can get mine to 12-14 in town, and a little bit better on the road, I'll be happy. A 400 is a little bit more aerodynamic than a square body trucks, but the newer ones may be better in that respect. And a camper shell makes a difference too because you take away the airflow dip into the bed.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve personally never seen an mpg difference after an O2 swap. Are these trucks extra susceptible to that for some reason? Probably will wait till I 0411 swap it just so I can log O2 data and see if something looks wildly off. O2s ain’t cheap any more lol
Swapped mine last year and gained 2-3 mpg. Idk what condition yours are in. If they are original and you have over 60-80k on them, I’d personally change them.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapped mine last year and gained 2-3 mpg. Idk what condition yours are in. If they are original and you have over 60-80k on them, I’d personally change them.

Now you’re starting to convince me that the manifolds and cats need to go so I can delete the rear 02s and save money only buying 2 new sensors. Long tubes might be added to the list with the 0411 swap lol.