Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Something I didn’t realize is how cheap fuel pumps and fuel senders are for these. I think I will probably order the delcos from rock auto and move that up the list of priorities. The whine this one makes and that strange shutoff issue yesterday is enough to make me spend $120 and half a day.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it were me…and it was, I ordered:
Do a little research. Made in USA
This pump is about $80.00 on Summit.

Last edited:

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it were me…and it was, I ordered:
Do a little research. Made in USA
This pump is about $80.00 on Summit.
Is that an easy direct fit? If so merica made has me sold. I’ve used Walbro products before with good results.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% Made in USA & Plug”n’Play and that rhymes! No soldering or crimping.
You must be registered for see images attach

Yes, I see where it says 50 PSI, so I contacted them and this was their response. Have one in my 96 5.7.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spent a little more time in this over the last three days. Got the oil change done, when I first got the truck the first thing I did was change the oil but I used some cheap 5-30 and planned to change it in under 1k to help get any sediment or sludge from it sitting for 6 years out. It just clicked over 145k miles so it got some good stuff this time along with a wix filter. I was very happy to see the magnetic drain plug had almost nothing on it, the oil looked great, and when I cut open the filter it appeared new. Big win there in my book, also stoked it only takes 5qts to do an oil change, all my LS and Toyota stuff is 6qt.

I also swapped the 1.5” front spacers with 1”s and trimmed the studs to clear. Not something I love doing but i really like these wheels and I’m not planning on modding this truck a lot so I should have to worry about messing with the spacers almost ever. Plus I think the fitment front to back is almost perfect which is a great considering the Hummer axle, matched with dodge wheels.

Lastly I did swap in new hardware for the shocks, but forgot to put on the new shorter hose clamps for the resi mounts. Will do that next time I’m in there.

Oh and before I forget I was very proud to take the truck through the big storm we just had. Not sure why I chose to drive it that day, but I manager a seaplane base and had to go do some inspection on the planes and marinas throughout the day and the truck did great! Went through some pretty darn deep puddles, lots of full wiper speed rain, and did so in comfort and full control. This trucks realllyy growing on me hard!

Attachments

• IMG_3027.jpeg
    IMG_3027.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3023.jpeg
    IMG_3023.jpeg
    428.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3006.jpeg
    IMG_3006.jpeg
    284.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3026.jpeg
    IMG_3026.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 7

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this in my cart, probably a couple weeks out but I will be dropping the tank to do this.
I’d at least be thinking about a new hanger as well.

Spectra Premium FG01C Sending Unit for General Motors
https://a.co/d/bfpnaGW

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d at least be thinking about a new hanger as well.

Spectra Premium FG01C Sending Unit for General Motors
https://a.co/d/bfpnaGW
I was looking at an ACDelco one on rock auto. I really don’t want to get screwed with something cheap and have to pull the tank again

Attachments

• IMG_3028.png
    IMG_3028.png
    596.1 KB · Views: 5