7747-7427 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've gotten past the timing and fuel and am now trying to fine tune the TCC hysteresis. Trying to get it where it unlocks without having to mash the pedal to the point it kicks the tranny into third before unlocking the TCC.

These are the tables I'm working with,
You must be registered for see images attach

Don't pay any attention to the smooth value, that was for VE tuning.
I've raised the lock and unlock points to 40 mph and 38 mph.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've gotten past the timing and fuel and am now trying to fine tune the TCC hysteresis. Trying to get it where it unlocks without having to mash the pedal to the point it kicks the tranny into third before unlocking the TCC.

These are the tables I'm working with,

Don't pay any attention to the smooth value, that was for VE tuning.
I've raised the lock and unlock points to 40 mph and 38 mph.
Set your TPS unlock values like 10-15% lower than your 4-3 downshift TPS for a given speed. Then set your relock 5-10% lower than the unlock values.

Personally I like using BluCats to straighten out everything.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured it out and now the TCC works just the way I want it. If I roll in just a little it stays locked and if I roll in a little harder it unlocks,lift off a little and it locks back up.

Oh yeah, How should this be configured?

The TCC is hooked to the PWM output on the PCM and the PCM came out of a '95 van.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Figured it out and now the TCC works just the way I want it. If I roll in just a little it stays locked and if I roll in a little harder it unlocks,lift off a little and it locks back up.

Oh yeah, How should this be configured?

The TCC is hooked to the PWM output on the PCM and the PCM came out of a '95 van.
Sorry forgot it was a 700r4 but same idea. Did you enable the bit switch for a non-computerized automatic?

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I've got it the best I'm gonna get it. BLM's are 127-131 and timing is 2deg below knock with a max of 36deg. Runs as good as this old worn out 305 is gonna run. Have to wait and see if I gained any MPG.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was playing with buttons on the history table and clicked on the spark advance table and found this,

ICM? Setting?