Deciphering Live Data.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks - so, we're running with heated air all the time and are wondering why we're getting KCs?
Opposite. Before it was always heated. I dont know about GMT but squares as the heater door shut the intake door opens, my intake door was shut so barely any air was getting in and the hot air was funnelung in, ironically the truck ran great like that for a period too when it was hot out no less. I opened the intake and shut the heat, truck takes longer to heat up but I rather have cool air funneled in compaired to barely any hot air.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What were the results of the compression test?
And what condition were the plugs in when you pulled them out?

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuel Pressure is 13 Psi constant even at load, fuel filter is brand new and strainer and pump and regulator and all lines.

I think the smoke was just some carbon on the valves not seating them fully, all smoke is completely gone now at flushing motor with steam clean. No catalyst.

Spark plugs are new, wires are new, knlck sensor is new, distributor is new, rotor is new, cap is new, pcv was new then replaced with cleaned factory, egr is new, the heated intake thermac didnt work right so i strung it open, no catalyst, o2 new, base timing is 0, advance is good at idle in park, air filter is brand new. I only use name brand gas, ran plenty of injector cleaner for a while in a ethanol treatment I used for a while, nice cone on injectors too. Yes knock sensor is for 350 with auto. Ac Delco. Knocks are somine resolved, they go up to like 3-5 on start then seem to stay there sometimes gain a couple while driving around.

I have replaced everything completely, Ignition and Fuel which is why Im so stumped. the only thing left is the injectors and connectors, which the injectors have a good cone so I doubt, but the connectors seem loose. Either that or something is causing timing to retard somehow.
Pull a spark from each bank and post a picture. Take a video or picture of the injector spray pattern and post it.

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What were the results of the compression test?
And what condition were the plugs in when you pulled them out?
Never did compression test because it was raining the day I did my plugs and couldnt be bothered in rain. Plugs werent bad I will take a picture

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pull a spark from each bank and post a picture. Take a video or picture of the injector spray pattern and post it.
I have the full set Ill get a picture injector spray is perfect cone zero drips

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the plugs I took out the far back one on the right is black from header paint, plugs basically looked new.
You must be registered for see images attach

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get rid of the E3 plugs. Install the correct AC delco single electrode plugs. What's the black the residue on the porcelain? Check for cracks. Are you sure the taper ends of the E3 plugs were sealing into the head? Major knocks if not. Injector Spray pattern?
Looking for the model info for your truck or vin?

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get rid of the E3 plugs. Install the correct AC delco single electrode plugs. What's the black the residue on the porcelain? Check for cracks. Are you sure the taper ends of the E3 plugs were sealing into the head? Major knocks if not. Injector Spray pattern?
Looking for the model info for your truck or vin?
Got rid of em they were already out and I put in some old Autolites when hunting a misfire a bit back. Not sure the residue the one has header paint rest could be header paint too, its all sticking to the tons of dielectric grease. No cracks, yes they were sealed good. Injectors have nice clean cone cant even see without a bright light and also no drips. Its a 1988 Chevy K5 Blazer TBI350 700r4

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced the injector connectors last night, didnt fix the misfire on start but it sure seemed to help the truck while driving, much much better than before but not perfect.

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced the injector connectors last night, didnt fix the misfire on start but it sure seemed to help the truck while driving, much much better than before but not perfect.
So did you not have a good spray pattern and that’s why you changed the the connectors?