Deciphering Live Data.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still curious what that TPS % is... If it's throttle position at 30% and the no throttle voltage looks good at .59, that wouldn't make sense....
it could be absolute throttle percent, absolute throttle isnt ever 0 because the blades cannot close fully. ive seen that PID before but not in obd1 for GM, but obd2 for gm with drive by wire not cable.

but the voltage reading would not be rational to that , since throttle should be like 13-18% opened without any input, which would be nearish that voltage. 30% requires another 15% or so, and it is EXACTLY at 30. so I am suspicious of its rationality or if its even meant to be that value.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember, if you disconnect the battery, short the negative cable to the positive one. You'll reset the ECM and the TPS % will go to zero.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
14 counts on IAC sounds normal enough, and 14 volts exactly? I would be looking at the definitions of these PIDs because the engine temp loop status appears to either be a history value of what the temp was when the truck went into closed loop or its in celcius and its the engine temp doubly stated. some of these values are in celcius and some are customary. i would be making sure all the parameters and definitions are square because of this. May need some configuration

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nick, what is your condition of your knock sensors. If you hit your passenger manifold with a screwdriver and hammer, you should be able to create a knock count
You must be registered for see images attach
Brand new AcDelco, Ill test that in a little bit

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
14 counts on IAC sounds normal enough, and 14 volts exactly? I would be looking at the definitions of these PIDs because the engine temp loop status appears to either be a history value of what the temp was when the truck went into closed loop or its in celcius and its the engine temp doubly stated. some of these values are in celcius and some are customary. i would be making sure all the parameters and definitions are square because of this. May need some configuration
Its usually 13.6-14 volts guess it was just spot on that time, loop status im not sure it is all in farenheit though

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
he engine temp loop status appears to either be a history value of what the temp was when the truck went into closed loop or its in celcius and its the engine temp doubly stated.
I think some of the older trucks also had a separate manifold air temp temperature sensor but can't remember the details

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas to why my truck is still sluggish? Everything is replaced but it still is sluggish and everything looks ok on the live data

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas to why my truck is still sluggish? Everything is replaced but it still is sluggish and everything looks ok on the live data
have you been running it connected the whole time or have you disconnected

also you need to reset battery connection to remove the learned corrections data from the computer if anything was a big change it will take time to reapply corrections that make sense

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how can that be possible based on what we have pointed out? do what i said above then post the new warm idle and maybe a warm light cruise at around 20 mph constant flat ground so we can go from there