Decided to build a garage. Now the fun begins.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's insane how fast that went up!!!!
Up here on an industrial site, that's a week or two with half a dozen guys, crane and man lifts. Gotta love Cowboys!!!
Idk man, 2 dudes did my 30X50 in 2 days. They were humpin'. Almost everything was pre-cut. Bolts together like an erector set. If I was 20 years younger.....

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's insane how fast that went up!!!!
Up here on an industrial site, that's a week or two with half a dozen guys, crane and man lifts. Gotta love Cowboys!!!
I just asked the lead guy if they are going to finish it today, including clean up. He said yes.

They have a magnet.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Idk man, 2 dudes did my 30X50 in 2 days. They were humpin'. Almost everything was pre-cut. Bolts together like an erector set. If I was 20 years younger.....
Was more of an observation that when you don't have a million safety rules to follow.....$hit gets done quickly!!!

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1st, I wanna say - looking good! You'll enjoy it for years to come, and wonder how you ever got by without it, enjoy! :waytogo:

Mine was different, I wired the shop and, while waiting to trench and install the service, I took an extension cord, from my RV hookup, to the shop. I back-fed the panel with a 2-pole, 30 Amp beaker since the RV outlet was 30 Amp and I used 10 GA wire (you can see my home, made 8 GA welder extension cord there). FYI - I used a 4x8x3/4 sheet of plywood from the floor to the 8' girt, for the distribution area, gives you plenty of room for your panel, conduit supports, and accessories. Stayed like that for a couple Months until I hired a backhoe. Later after doors and my air compressor were installed, I wired them in too. There's usually a work around to get it going, just be creative and SAFE. :33:

You must be registered for see images attach
My inside box was mounted on uni-strut It seems to be a common way to do this, and have seen quite few others done the same way.I may have said it previously or elsewhere I had my neighbor who is a licensed electrician wire it up for me and for my situation tying into the house would have required lots of hand digging around a septic and drain field so it ended up on a separate meter. I'm ok with that as if I have issues at the house the garage is not also "down" and still have power on the property.

Last edited:

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Was more of an observation that when you don't have a million safety rules to follow.....$hit gets done quickly!!!
Dont have and dont follow are differemt things. OSHA compliance is still supposed to be in effect but enforcement of said rules is, well, mainly up to employer on short term jobs.