It's a find, but it's not. Alcoas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Not a design you see very often - they're the Alcoa "Hot Shot" dually wheels with oval holes instead of the traditional round holes, or the also uncommon "LTS" (star style) ...

They're nearby, priced somewhat reasonably (for an uncommonly seen set of wheels, anyway), and appear to be in decent shape. Could use some polishing but not bad at all. 16", 8x6.5" pattern...

You must be registered for see images attach

And the killer is in that 3rd pic. Looked up the part # and they're for Dodges. Same bolt pattern but the hub bore is larger. Being hubcentric wheels, that takes them out of the running for use on my GMC.. :(

In hunting for the info, I ran across an Alcoa wheel catalog from 2000. And here they are introducing those wheels in all their glory on a VERY 90's Dodge dually..

Richard

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
So the question is..

WOULD YOU..

Trust aluminum (T6061) hubcentric rings to use these wheels? Sizing down a 121.3mm hub bore to 116.7mm? I don't really know what the hell would even hold them in place from just popping out, TBH. A set could be had for about $100.

Richard

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Wow. By my standards, those are in fantastic shape. I envy you southern and west coast guys. By contrast, everything affordable is rusted to one step above trash and thus needs to be completely redone. Don't even get me started about your junkyards vs ours..

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Wow. By my standards, those are in fantastic shape. I envy you southern and west coast guys. By contrast, everything affordable is rusted to one step above trash and thus needs to be completely redone. Don't even get me started about your junkyards vs ours..
Our junkyards/wrecking yards generally don't get snow in them, that makes mud you have to wade through....we just get the rain that makes thick caliche mud.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the wheels have chamfers on the hub side and the adapter rings have a small shoulder that goes against that chamfer then they will stay in there. Like the center cap has that keeps it from falling off. It looked like one of the front wheels had a fairly decent sized scratch in it.
They are purdy!