Borgeson Steering Box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wait huh? So it’s Chinese fuc**ry .. garbage made. Who was this information through. So what is the solution send it back buy a Oreillys reman
The cheap parts that are made in China have nothing to do with their manufacturing practices. Parts manufactured in China are designed and produced based on the specifications and costs set by the buyer (GM, Moog. Raybestos, etc). The parts are designed by the buyer/brand so if it’s a poor design (tolerances, materials, etc) it will fail no matter what country manufactured it.

There are companies in China that can produce high-quality and durable after-market parts much more efficiently than in the US if the buyer/brand requires quality over profit margin (i.e. safety-driven specification for liability). They can source any material and machine spec the buyer requires..it just costs more. Oversight and audits to maintain quality is the buyer/responsibility..it just costs more. High-volume quality parts with fast turnaround..it just costs more. In the end, the Brands decided they wanted a higher profit margin for obvious reasons. That means they are intentionally manufacturing low-quality parts and that’s what we buy due to limited choices. In this case, Borgeson is a poor-quality part priced high by the brand as opposed to a cheap low-quality part that saves you money but is typically offset by labor costs (frequent replacement).

JDGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The entire planet would agree with you. What’s in question is can a manufacturer located in china produce an equivalent quality part all things being equal with specs and materials? Of course, they can. Will the cost/unit be slightly less - maybe? The point is that greed is the issue and not their ability to manufacture parts.